09:23, Thu 28 Mar
El Mayor
Thongs
How much do you think they are paying for the land?

I have no idea.
It will be revealed when it goes to the 2nd committee stage after todays. Not sure when that would be.
Gazball?
09:31, Thu 28 Mar
El Mayor
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

It’s not like it’s going to be built tomorrow mate.

The amount of people failing to grasp this is astonishing.

tbf i think it’s patience and vision, nothing that BCFC is renowned for !

the PTSD on the terraces is still being played out by what’s happening on the pitch and league table unfortunately

i think we’re all accepting this should be exciting times, some more tentatively than others!

predictably, a fan base that has been kicked in the guts more than most struggles to see it being a reality - and while it’s well within our domain and control to build a super stadium, building the team is a lot more difficult and has no real control to it, but we can hope

had the story of this season not been such a disaster then maybe the narrative could be followed with full belief - the current time we likely fear further mockery for ambitious plans but a location in the third division!

the sooner we can steer clear of that, the better
09:31, Thu 28 Mar
Cheers Dan. Good read as usual, nice to have the facts separated from the clickbait and a reminder to be excited but still stay grounded.

Do we know either officially or just anecdotally how successful the Alliance Lounge has been for the club so far? I've only seen pictures but can imagine it cost Knighthead a few quid.
09:33, Thu 28 Mar
Nikola Zigic
El Mayor
Tony H
Does this stadium not require us to be established in the Premier league? Something that feels a million miles away right now.

It’s not like it’s going to be built tomorrow mate.

The amount of people failing to grasp this is astonishing.

I'm not sure if it's failing or refusing - it's so simple that I don't see how anybody can not actually be able to grasp it.

This is the effective start of the project - legally.

Shitloads of work will have gone on in the background in preparation.

Blues have got experts on major building / sports stadia on the case.

A huge amount of thought will have gone into infrastructure / access / transport.

Talks on those considerations will have been had with relevant parties.

Costings will have been calculated.

It's fine for us to knock it about on SHA - as fans, because it's exciting, so there's no problem with knocking it about.

But the idea that SHA is coming up with ideas that Blues' experts haven't already factored in and made plans for is crazy.

It's really like people think we are run by a bunch of effing idiots.
09:33, Thu 28 Mar
Waggeh
Cheers Dan. Good read as usual, nice to have the facts separated from the clickbait and a reminder to be excited but still stay grounded.

Do we know either officially or just anecdotally how successful the Alliance Lounge has been for the club so far? I've only seen pictures but can imagine it cost Knighthead a few quid.

Not officially but I’ve heard it’s consistently sold out, at fairly steep prices.
09:34, Thu 28 Mar
Blues announced they had partnered with Oak View Group back in January: [www.bcfc.com]

This always seemed like the start of early thinking and planning on a potential stadium/entertainment complex. I'm guessing Oak View are providing advice for St. Andrews improvements but surely a new stadium masterplan is what the partnership is really about long term.

Exciting and surreal at the same time!
09:35, Thu 28 Mar
I suppose that comes from the fact for a decade it pretty much was run by a bunch of idiots; it’s a shift in the narrative for us all.
09:36, Thu 28 Mar
Yes but that site is 400 metres from St Andrew's. Have they factored in that many won’t want to travel that far?
09:39, Thu 28 Mar
Cheers, that's good news 👍🏻
09:46, Thu 28 Mar
Thanks Dan for another excellent article & I have watched the Blues at St Andrews four times with crowds of over 50 thousand & have no doubt with a successful team we would have no problem filling a brand new stadium. As I've now reached "Three score years and ten" I hope I'm still knocking around to see it, Kro.
09:50, Thu 28 Mar
El Mayor
number8
Is there any way they can realistically block/pause it? I'd assume/hope not but until its in Wagner's hands I'm keeping the champagne on ice.

I hope they show the open house presentations on line as it'd be nice to see the plans.

I think the fact the commissioners have recommended approval should help force their hands. I can’t see any reason why the council would put a hold on it.

Not exactly.
I think quite a few people over reacted to the appointing of the commissioners as a negative, this is possibly going a bit the other way.

The commissioners recommending approval shouldn't actually have much bearing on it - if anything the fact the commissioners are involved means there is more pressure to do things rigidly by the book, rather than just push it through.
09:55, Thu 28 Mar
Yes but that site is 400 metres from St Andrew's. Have they factored in that many won’t want to travel that far?

Some bloke on Twitter yesterday was moaning about how bad the traffic will be and how it needs to be more accessible by car. 🙄
09:56, Thu 28 Mar
How much is this costing Knighthead? Its seems a very expensive gamble.
09:57, Thu 28 Mar

which part of running a football club isn’t a gamble

just let it play out
09:58, Thu 28 Mar
Tony H

How about you post something positive?