14:24, Sun 31 Mar
So, what you're saying is that all these professional referees have looked at it several times and given a penalty.

And in your opinion they're all wrong.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
14:31, Sun 31 Mar
😂
Of course it’s not.
Are you saying if a player gets kicked once a player swings his leg to strike they’re the one who conceded the foul?
You can get punched in the head by a keeper and the keeper gets the free kick?

Don't go comparing apples with pears .... second penalty ... Gordon deliberately initiated the contact, he didn't put his leg there to play the ball, it was mid-swing, that makes a big difference.

Foul to the defender ... in exctly the same way that if a striker is about to shoot and a defender puts his leg in the way, mid-swing, of the attackers leg then it is a foul to the striker. Now that is so obvious i can't see why you are arguing your case.

(PS .. i'm obviously as pleased as punch that it was given and The World Cup Winning 'Appy 'Ammers lost)
14:34, Sun 31 Mar
The first one is exactly the same. Coufal swinging for ball, Gordon gets his leg across his kicking path to ball and Coufal catches Gordon. Pen.
Neither one does Gordon touch the ball or need to be in possession of the ball
Tony Fantastico
14:35, Sun 31 Mar
So, what you're saying is that all these professional referees have looked at it several times and given a penalty.

Yes, they are wrong.

I got stopped by the police driving at 2.00am on Friday morning ... 2 coppers .... they were "professionals" and didn't know the law either, but thought their "interpretation of it was accurate. Luckily i had my phone with me and was able to film the entire conversation (and i also insisted they turn they body-cams on) and it took ages (and an internet search for the actual law) for them to allow me on my way, after insisting for ages that i had to do and tell them what they wanted (i didn't).
14:36, Sun 31 Mar
The first one is exactly the same. Coufal swinging for ball, Gordon gets his leg across his kicking path to ball and Coufal catches Gordon. Pen.
Neither one does Gordon touch the ball or need to be in possession of the ball

Haven't looked at the first one (wasn't watching then) - will go and find it.

Answer my question about a defender doing the same to a striker .. obviously you would want a foul to the striker.

Case closed
14:37, Sun 31 Mar
Rags

Yes, they are wrong.

I got stopped by the police driving at 2.00am on Friday morning ... 2 coppers .... they were "professionals" and didn't know the law either. Luckily i had my phone with me and was able to film the entire conversation (and i also insisted they turn they body-cams on) and it took ages for them to allow me on my way after insisting for ages that i had to do and tell them what they wanted (i didn't)

WTF? 😂
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
14:38, Sun 31 Mar
Two bald men fighting over a comb
14:38, Sun 31 Mar
Rags

Yes, they are wrong.

I got stopped by the police driving at 2.00am on Friday morning ... 2 coppers .... they were "professionals" and didn't know the law either. Luckily i had my phone with me and was able to film the entire conversation (and i also insisted they turn they body-cams on) and it took ages for them to allow me on my way after insisting for ages that i had to do and tell them what they wanted (i didn't)

WTF? 😂

Exactly.

Point proved.
14:41, Sun 31 Mar
IanT

Not like they haven’t been wrong before, most weeks.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:42, Sun 31 Mar
If the striker is kicked by the defender it’s a foul. If the striker kicks the defender of course he shouldn’t be awarded the decision that’s why when a player cuts across and legs tangle/heel on shin etc it’s very difficult to spot who is at fault. They’re way less black and white than yesterday’s for me.
You should watch the first one too 👍
Tony Fantastico
14:46, Sun 31 Mar
If the striker is kicked by the defender it’s a foul. If the striker kicks the defender of course he shouldn’t be awarded the decision that’s why when a player cuts across and legs tangle/heel on shin etc it’s very difficult to spot who is at fault. They’re way less black and white than yesterday’s for me.
You should watch the first one too 👍

Yep ... first one is a penalty
14:51, Sun 31 Mar
As var has been mentioned I will say it encourages these leg across and stay down after contact incidents.
As a fan at a Prem ground the breaks would get right on my tits
Tony Fantastico
14:53, Sun 31 Mar

Current referees aren't allowed to comment

So far i've found

"Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey" - definitely not a penalty he says

"Ex-FIFA official Keith Hackett" - 100% not a penalty

Sorry Ian, Sorry Rab .... but it ain't a penalty.

(Obviously i'm happy to see these given against West Ham as they have always got right my tits)
14:56, Sun 31 Mar
Rags

Current referees aren't allowed to comment

So far i've found

"Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey" - definitely not a penalty he says

"Ex-FIFA official Keith Hackett" - 100% not a penalty

Sorry Ian, Sorry Rab .... but it ain't a penalty.

(Obviously i'm happy to see these given against West Ham as they have always got right my tits)
Is this possibly the most split any var decision has been you reckon?
Tony Fantastico
14:56, Sun 31 Mar
As var has been mentioned I will say it encourages these leg across and stay down after contact incidents.
As a fan at a Prem ground the breaks would get right on my tits

My original post didn't mention whether or not it was a penalty or not by the way - just that Gordon will end up getting himself hurt doing that