22:32, Sun 31 Mar
No photos from the time then?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
22:36, Sun 31 Mar
Trialist
Having watched them all today, I found all the Zulu and Chelmsley references very cringe inducing.

Blues related decorations are all at least accurate to the time or late 70s.

No mention of the DVBs at all which is a bonus.

The series isn't really about music which it was portrayed as in the media originally.

Poorly executed This is England imitation.

Found it strange he asked what a Zulu was but had a blues badge on his wall.
One of my pals used to go blues away games from the trooper he's told me some right stories. Think chelmsley gets an unfair rep, my mom is from there and I lived there for about 12 months with my nan and it was fine.
22:40, Sun 31 Mar
Nikola Zigic

There should be, wasn't knocked down that long ago
22:43, Sun 31 Mar
Ribeye
Trialist
Having watched them all today, I found all the Zulu and Chelmsley references very cringe inducing.

The series isn't really about music which it was portrayed as in the media originally.

Found it strange he asked what a Zulu was but had a blues badge on his wall.
One of my pals used to go blues away games from the trooper he's told me some right stories. Think chelmsley gets an unfair rep, my mom is from there and I lived there for about 12 months with my nan and it was fine.

I don't think any of it is filmed in Chelmsley itself, but Druids Heath, looks similar but on a much smaller scale. Noticed a few locations, Heartlands Parkway, Tame Valley Aqueduct over the M5.
Not the script I was expecting but guess it will move into the music scene as the series progresses.
22:47, Sun 31 Mar
Got into this after a few minutes. Only spotted one continuity mistake with the tax disc in the orange vanā€™s windscreen showing 31/8/81 as its expiry date when it couldnā€™t have been registered before 1/8/81.

Pedantic I know šŸ˜
22:53, Sun 31 Mar
Ribeye
Nikola Zigic

There should be, wasn't knocked down that long ago

Couple of bits on Facey, mainly internals of the bar.
23:03, Sun 31 Mar
I'm only two episodes in but I'm suprised at the lukewarm reception on here.

I never got into Peakey Blinders but This Town is very, very good so far.
23:09, Sun 31 Mar
Branstonblue
Got into this after a few minutes. Only spotted one continuity mistake with the tax disc in the orange vanā€™s windscreen showing 31/8/81 as its expiry date when it couldnā€™t have been registered before 1/8/81.

Pedantic I know šŸ˜
You want pedantic? There's a road hump sign in Belfast of a design that was not used until 1996.

Also did Dante have Moor Green posters on his wall?
23:20, Sun 31 Mar
There was a shot outside the bingo hall that had the most modern version of a bus stand, with the new transport for West Midlands logo.
Trialist

Have to agree. It's pretty shit to be honest
23:24, Sun 31 Mar
Hope we donā€™t get too many continuity errors from 3 oā€™clock tomorrow
23:34, Sun 31 Mar
SouthBrumBlues
There was a shot outside the bingo hall that had the most modern version of a bus stand, with the new transport for West Midlands logo.

Do people genuinely care about continuity errors like these?

It's a make belive television show ffs.
Liam daish and his trumpet
Trialist

Have to agree. It's pretty shit to be honest

IMO its only cringe inducing because we're not used to lil ole Chelmsley (or anywhere in Birmingham tbf) being the setting for a prime time bbc show (other that PB obvs, but this is more contemporary so more recognisable).

Im two episodes in and im enjoying it, some of the accents arent great.

Ive watched two episodes
00:07, Mon 1 Apr
Iā€™m three episodes in, and I like it. Thought the references to Zulus were a bit gratuitous, and some of the script was trying too hard to paint a picture of how bad parts of Brum and Cov were around that time, but the locations are well chosen and look pretty authentic. Acting is really good and the humour is perfect. Nice to hear authentic accents. Is the story strong enough? Iā€™m hoping so, but the jury is out right now.
07:23, Mon 1 Apr
The reviewer in the Guardian is gushing about it, so will give it a go, mind you her recommendations are usually the best.