11:40, Mon 1 Apr
I think what set the Trooper aside was the gangs of kids it used to attract hanging around outside, rather than those of drinking age within the walls. There was a time, late '80s I guess, when walking past the place posed greater risk than going in it. I remember them somehow getting a car down the underpass once and setting it alight, there was a lot going on around that time and most of it was highly anti-social, verging on being out of control.
13:14, Mon 1 Apr
Miguelagenn
I thought the exterior scenes of the social club with the motorway above was the one at the Bromford?

It was the internals shot at bell green. It even has an old style fag machine left in there.
13:51, Mon 1 Apr
In the opening episode set in 1981 Dante didn't know who the Zulus were?
The Zulus weren't formed until Man City away Jan 1982 I thought so it kind of contradicted itself?๐Ÿค”
13:55, Mon 1 Apr
Itโ€™s a drama, not a documentary.
08:04, Tue 2 Apr
Loving this, watched 3 episodes so far, reminds me of growing up in Tile Cross, the Kingshurst was as mad as the trooper back then. As someone pointed out itโ€™s a drama not a documentary!!

Great viewing.
08:20, Tue 2 Apr
I've watched two so far and am willing it to be great. I think it's pretty good but could go either way. I really like the brothers and the cousin, they are funny and moving so am thinking should carry it all the way.

As people are saying it's a drama not a documentary but I am finding the Zulu stuff with the fingers, etc. a bit hard to swallow.
08:29, Tue 2 Apr
I've watched it all. As a kid that grew up in Chelmsley it really struck a cord with me.

Not affraid to say I shed a tear at the nans funeral scene. Even the church reminded me of my nans own funeral.

Steven Knight is shining a light on our great city and will continue to tap into untold stories putting them on a huge platform.

I'd love to see something about the Fewtrell's, the Taroni's. Spoon feed me anything if it's Brum and a good hook.

UTB!
08:46, Tue 2 Apr
SPOILER.

BAN THE FECKER
09:18, Tue 2 Apr
JohnP
I've watched two so far and am willing it to be great. I think it's pretty good but could go either way. I really like the brothers and the cousin, they are funny and moving so am thinking should carry it all the way.

As people are saying it's a drama not a documentary but I am finding the Zulu stuff with the fingers, etc. a bit hard to swallow.

He didn't swallow... he spit it out!

๐Ÿ˜
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
10:27, Tue 2 Apr
A new way of giving film/tv ratings could be stating the point at which you picked your phone up and started messing with it. For me it's episode 2, around 35 minutes in. I'll persevere for the local interest factor but I found it a little tedious last night. Hopefully it improves.
10:42, Tue 2 Apr
Wire is a well known name with Blues isn't it, is that character a real person?
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
11:30, Tue 2 Apr
Wire was from kingshurst I think
12:22, Tue 2 Apr
Nikola Zigic
Wire is a well known name with Blues isn't it, is that character a real person?

Wire RIP was a small white guy and not a zulu. he was the man behind such songs as tin of salmon and there was a wren called tony benn.

knight has used real life names and incidents and weaves them into the story in a way that isnt actually true but uses them as a nod to the people and incidents
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
12:36, Tue 2 Apr
Ah ok, thanks.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:47, Tue 2 Apr
Watched and enjoyed it but most of the accents are shite. Also the amount of times the characters mentioned mother and fathrr rather than mom and dad annoyed me. Iโ€™ve never heard any of my mates call them mother and father.
I think there should also have been a lot more emphasis on the music rather than the IRA