07:31, Thu 4 Apr
To get all those events in to the series it was always going to be difficult to get the dates and settings correct. I am gonna try and watch it without being to critical and as you say just delight in the fact mr knight is going above and beyond for our city. How many of our old faces have got a mention or been referenced in some way. ? Any idea Rags. Only watched 3 so far myself.

No spoilers from me ... keep watching -- just don't look too closely at the shoes (some defintitely post 1981 examples) ... and don't check out the earrings being worn when in uniform in front of your commanding officer thing either
07:34, Thu 4 Apr
Yeh fair enough, maybe a thread after it’s all finished.
07:56, Thu 4 Apr
Miguelagenn
Wire was from kingshurst I think

He lived round the corner from me when I lived near the White Hart in the late '90s. I was in Chelmsley but his road may have come under Tile Cross, not sure. Not Kingshurst though.

He lived on Shirestone road, a few doors down from me. We had some laughs for sure, a few of us local pals (late teens) went to Ibiza for our first foreign holiday, legendary tales were made. God Bless Him!
08:08, Thu 4 Apr
He named his dog 'The High Priestess of Kilmarnock '
08:12, Thu 4 Apr
Zublue
Nikola Zigic
😂

Swear people are just desperate to slate the accents without even thinking about it

The older brother has the most natural sounding Brummie accent but I have no idea where he comes from.
And just to add, most of the Cov accents are worse than the Brummies.

Jordan Bolger, who plays the older brother, is actually a 'Coventry Kid'.
08:21, Thu 4 Apr
😂😂
08:43, Thu 4 Apr
Watched all 6 episodes now and enjoyed it.

I was 18 in 1981 so was relevant to me in some ways, the music, relationships etc.

Not sure I’d have stuck with it if it had been set elsewhere in the country but I applaud Steven Knight for putting Birmingham on the map again on national tv and the references to local people and events at the time made for good viewing.

Think one of the meeting scenes from episode 5 or 6 looked like Bromford Residents Club on Bromford Drive, anyone confirm?
08:45, Thu 4 Apr
Tarquin
He named his dog 'The High Priestess of Kilmarnock '
Was it an Ayr-dale?
09:55, Thu 4 Apr

I was 18 in 1981 so was relevant to me in some ways, the music, relationships etc.

Not sure I’d have stuck with it if it had been set elsewhere in the country but I applaud Steven Knight for putting Birmingham on the map again on national tv and the references to local people and events at the time made for good viewing.

Think one of the meeting scenes from episode 5 or 6 looked like Bromford Residents Club on Bromford Drive, anyone confirm?

I can confirm it looked like that…..it it still there?
It was used for a couple of scenes. We had my nan's funeral there in the early '90s, can't believe the place made it this far. I think it's still there now but that much of the Bromford has been knocked down I'm not that sure.
Yes it's definitely still there, we pass it on the bus into town
10:10, Thu 4 Apr
Fat Buddha CBE

I can confirm it looked like that…..it it still there?

I wasn’t sure if it was there still but confirmed by others above. Got to be 15 years since I was in there.
11:26, Thu 4 Apr
I’m on episode 6 thought the music was good throughout but where was the ska music? I heard the great Jimmy Cliff, a few times and heard Rock Steady, mentioned but not one ska song or reference.

Now for me this is very important because that was the glue that got black and white kids into the ska era. In the evolution of reggae, ska came before both rock steady and reggae.
14:33, Thu 4 Apr
Fair comment. In the live performance at the end it was played ska style . The original songs were written by Dan Carey and Ka(t)e Tempest
14:37, Thu 4 Apr
Falstaff
Zublue
Nikola Zigic
😂

Swear people are just desperate to slate the accents without even thinking about it

The older brother has the most natural sounding Brummie accent but I have no idea where he comes from.
And just to add, most of the Cov accents are worse than the Brummies.

Jordan Bolger, who plays the older brother, is actually a 'Coventry Kid'.

Well, he sounds like a posh kid trying to do a (shit) Brummie accent. I’ve got a few friends from Cov who sound nothing like he does!