We have to win at Rotherham and Huddersfield

I'd love a point against Leicester as that would boost confidence massively

We need to get players back in form and confidence

We won't get anything from Norwich on the final day
Moist
10:35, Tue 2 Apr
Nikola Zigic
Easy done.

11 points would do it for us yeah, we won't need that though.

I think we need 7 points from the last 6 games providing one of those games is not losing at Huddersfield.

We don't know what's going to happen to Plymouth if they throw a hail mary and change manager.

They sacked Foster yesterday, but they're not bringing in an interim gaffer, they DOF is going to take the remaining games. They're in serious trouble now.

How much could we nab Whittaker for? Assume he has Prem interest, but have they got The Project?

And Bali Mumba whilst we're at it.
10:36, Tue 2 Apr
I used to like the old days when you could only be relegated once in any given season but we've been relegated about 3 times already this season and I'm sure we'll be relegated again if lose again on Saturday at Leicester, which is the most likely outcome in the eyes of the neutral punter.
10:37, Tue 2 Apr
STD
STD

Why won't we beat Norwich?
10:39, Tue 2 Apr
Chris
Nikola Zigic
Easy done.

11 points would do it for us yeah, we won't need that though.

I think we need 7 points from the last 6 games providing one of those games is not losing at Huddersfield.

We don't know what's going to happen to Plymouth if they throw a hail mary and change manager.

They sacked Foster yesterday, but they're not bringing in an interim gaffer, they DOF is going to take the remaining games. They're in serious trouble now.

How much could we nab Whittaker for? Assume he has Prem interest, but have they got The Project?

And Bali Mumba whilst we're at it.

Lazio were rumoured to be in for Whittaker in Jan for around £20m. Likely too big for us.

I'd rather sign Stansfield and then get a mobile brute centre forward to play in front of him.

There was talk of Warnock going to Plymouth, I'm relieved it's some pen pusher instead. Saying that, they aren't a bad team and had downed tools for that Foster, so they may well improve.

We just need to take care of ourselves.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Blackburn are interesting too. I wonder if Eustace has got them to click as apparently they'd not been playing badly but couldn't buy a win.

Horrible fixtures but should have enough about them to pick up 3-4 more points.
H

10:42, Tue 2 Apr
David Xavis
STD

Why won't we beat Norwich?

They should hopefully have that 6th spot tied up come the final day (especially if we get a result against Cov).

If so hopefully they pull a Huddersfield and make wholesale changes.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:43, Tue 2 Apr
We beat a Fulham team chasing automatics on the last day to stay up, we can beat 6th in the league on the last day to stay up.
H

10:44, Tue 2 Apr
I thought 7 points initially this morning, but think 9 is more realistic.

Although Rotherham can't catch us they can catch the other relegation candidates so we really need them beating anyone in the bottom 8 they get to play.

I don't think we can rely on ourselves to with 3 out of 6 so we are dependent on others around us.

We KRO.
11:09, Tue 2 Apr
Blues are at our most dangerous when we are almost, but not quite safe with a few games to go.

Mo one should think anything is decided until it is. There have been a number of seasons when we've pulled the relegation rabbit out of the hat at the last minute.
And others when he has magically not appeared despite our best efforts.

Currently nothing is decided except that it is very unlikely Rotherham will stay up.

Losing at Leicester will not be a disaster. They are a better side than us and a draw would be brilliant. We may drop in to the bottom 3 if we lose there, but probably won't
We can win any, but probably not all of the other games.

I think Sheffield Wednesday will struggle to get more than 7 points from their games, but a win in the next couple of games changes that. Their final game away at Sunderland is tricky, but winnable.
Huddersfield finish away at Ipswich. I'd expect them to lose, but if Ipswich are in the play offs they may rest players. And if they are already up the intensity may not be there.
Plymouth play Millwall on the last day. If we are ahead of both going in to that We'll almost certainly be safe,

I think it may well be quite tight. I'd hope to get 7-9 points from Leicester, Cardiff, Coventry and Rotherham. That should make us almost but not quite safe. Even fewer points should mean we go in to the last couple of games in charge of our own destiny.

From our current position there is a high chance that we will go in to the last day needing something to guarantee staying up.
11:19, Tue 2 Apr
We beat a Fulham team chasing automatics on the last day to stay up, we can beat 6th in the league on the last day to stay up.

They were already promoted no? Didn’t they storm to promotion quite early and then completely switch off once it was confirmed?
11:28, Tue 2 Apr
[en.wikipedia.org]

No. They finished third. Two points behind Cardiff.
If they had won on the last day they would have gone up.

It was 6 years ago though so doesn't mean much.

The last day of the season is funny. Some teams grab it, others panic. Fulham panicked.
Norwich lost 6-0 to go down bottom in 2004-05. They were outside the relegation places starting the final day.
When we went up at Reading in 2009 they were up if they beat us, but put in a terrible performance to lose.
11:42, Tue 2 Apr
Why is everyone assuming we'll get nothing against a Coventry side we play a week before their Cup semi final?
11:50, Tue 2 Apr
As was said a week or so back, I don’t know how just because they’re playing a cup semi a week later means they’re either going to play a weakened side or not turn up. If I was Coventry I’d be prioritising the league and play offs, but then again they’re playing Man Utd so maybe they have a chance, and will prioritise the cup.
11:53, Tue 2 Apr
FYI I don't think the cup game makes a blind bit of difference, they will be desperate to get into the top 6, they wont prioritise either and the games are a week apart.

With or without the cup I think we always have a chance to win at home, especially with a sizeable crowd, it's definitely a game we should be going into looking to win
Happy Clapper