15:52, Tue 2 Apr
Claps are better imo, the old codgers just can’t accept it 😝
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:40, Tue 2 Apr
Tam
Tam
Neither for me. I might have got this wrong, but when I first started singing it in the early seventies, I don’t think that we did either. I think that it’s better without, but just my opinion.

Agree.
19:26, Tue 2 Apr
La all day long … however when I’m there I never sing it because they’ve usually started it too fast and in the wrong key ( too high at the start leaves you running out of voice)
19:32, Tue 2 Apr
I'm most definitely a la.

Clap - I'm out
La when I 'm clapping, I always la when I 'm clapping..
20:04, Tue 2 Apr
Super Hans
Claps are better imo, the old codgers just can’t accept it 😝

Wait till you've got arthritic hands! Cheeky whippersnapper.
Up the feckin Blues
20:15, Tue 2 Apr
Spitting Image
Tam
Neither for me. I might have got this wrong, but when I first started singing it in the early seventies, I don’t think that we did either. I think that it’s better without, but just my opinion.
I dont think we did either. Might be an age thing but I much prefer the inner feeling I get by singing it slower.

Less breathless?
20:23, Tue 2 Apr
Tam

Agree.

Same. Neither are in the original song and are a bit cringe (but that’s just me).

If I was forced to do either I’d clap.
Tam
20:49, Tue 2 Apr
Tom TheProject Brady
Tam

Agree.

Same. Neither are in the original song and are a bit cringe (but that’s just me).

If I was forced to do either I’d clap.

I do find it a bit cringey as well, but each to their own, I guess. Tell you what though, the Harry Lauder original version that's now played just before kick off brings tears to my eyes when we get to the last line and the crowd takes over. It's slow and really powerful. I can hardly sing it without getting choked up, soppy old tart that I am.
Make Blues Great Again
20:51, Tue 2 Apr
Tam
Yeah I love they play it before KO now too. Shame they’ve truncated it from the start of the song, like they were doing early in the season, to just the chorus now though.
Tam
20:54, Tue 2 Apr
Tom TheProject Brady
Yeah I love they play it before KO now too. Shame they’ve truncated it from the start of the song, like they were doing early in the season, to just the chorus now though.

Yes, that's true. It's a wonderful song in it's own right, and (I might be a bit biased) the best club anthem that there is.
Make Blues Great Again
21:42, Tue 2 Apr
Polo
It's sung too fast to get the la, la, la's in these days. I tried it on Friday.

And what key should it be sung in?
21:45, Tue 2 Apr
Yale.
22:01, Tue 2 Apr
Tom TheProject Brady
Yale.

OK.

WHAT. KEY. SHOULD. IT. BE. SUNG. IN!!!!!
Tam
22:07, Tue 2 Apr
Osterberg
Polo
It's sung too fast to get the la, la, la's in these days. I tried it on Friday.

And what key should it be sung in?

For a predominantly male crowd belting it out without too much of an upper vocal reach, around F or F sharp, I reckon.
Make Blues Great Again