16:42, Sun 14 Apr
I'm not as well versed on the U-18s as many - so hoping someone with knowledge can offer some insight

So, we've offered the entire team professional contracts. Unprecedented.

Is this justified for every individual player ? .. or is this, as i suspect, a brilliant PR move to get the best and most talented youngsters elsewhere to look at BCFC and see us as a great opportunity ?
16:50, Sun 14 Apr
Yes.
17:11, Sun 14 Apr
Yes.

Thanks for the clarity

😛🙄
17:26, Sun 14 Apr
Rags
I'm not as well versed on the U-18s as many - so hoping someone with knowledge can offer some insight

Is this justified for every individual player ? .. or is this, as i suspect, a brilliant PR move to get the best and most talented youngsters elsewhere to look at BCFC and see us as a great opportunity ?

Dunno but I like it.
Low cost but hopefully makes us more attractive and builds loyalty.
Plus it seems like a decent thing to do, give them more chance to either make it or get fixed up at a different club.
17:32, Sun 14 Apr
It also doesn’t say how long each contract is, I don’t think?

I imagine the less promising prospects will only have been offered a year against the best ones being offered 3 or more.
17:36, Sun 14 Apr
Rags

It is indeed unprecedented.

There's a lot of reasons why and I think when the time is right I will blog about it, and the whole 10-year process from a player and parent perspective, if there is interest.

The group is a talented and strong one. I've not known a Blues 18s in the past 20-odd years to be as dominant in their league as a team.

There are players within it with the potential to go on and play first team football, given opportunity, luck and a fair wind - the usual things that need to conspire.

It is a positive what the club has done and a show of faith.
17:37, Sun 14 Apr
Rags

Imo yes it is.

As I understand it they’ve offered all second year scholars (which isn’t the same as the entire team) a new deal due to the fact they’ve played so well as a team. They’ve pissed the division; they beat QPR 8-2 yesterday meaning they need six points to win the title now; I think it’s a cert.
17:47, Sun 14 Apr
El Mayor
Rags

Imo yes it is.

As I understand it they’ve offered all second year scholars (which isn’t the same as the entire team) a new deal due to the fact they’ve played so well as a team. They’ve pissed the division; they beat QPR 8-2 yesterday meaning they need six points to win the title now; I think it’s a cert.

This is a moot point.

It is all the second year scholars, including Byron Pendleton, who is in this bracket, who signed his professional contract in October - the so-called 'early pro'.

A lot of the second year scholars have also had regular exposure to the 21s this season, and last season as first year scholars under-17s.

On Saturday we actually only started five second years, due to injuries, 21s commitments, game/load management. The rest were first years (under-17s) and one under-16. QPR were young and contained a lot of trialists, but even so, a tremendous result.
18:01, Sun 14 Apr
Hi Tatts, I'd definitely be interested in a blog about it