17:45, Mon 15 Apr
RIP
Ex pro boxer sadly gone at the age of 45 after suffering a seizure whilst driving. Fought bravely for 10 days. I’m absolutely devastated to read this on twitter as a boxing fan. No age at all
[www.skysports.com]
Tony Fantastico
17:48, Mon 15 Apr
Terrible shame. Will never forget his fight with Khan, who benefited from a long 10!

It’s very sad

Not wanting to take the spotlight off it

Beterbiev and bivol has been announced!
17:58, Mon 15 Apr
You think these geezers are indestructible. Life’s cruel. Death crueller.
Yeah that’s a fight 👍
Tony Fantastico
17:59, Mon 15 Apr
RIP, it’s a barbaric sport especially for those not at the top.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:02, Mon 15 Apr
Not to detract from an RIP thread or show any disrespect, but when we're really good I'm going to miss clicking on threads not knowing if they're the name of someone who's died or a cheap player I've never heard of that we're signing.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:02, Mon 15 Apr
RIP
Part of a great generation of Scottish boxers at the lower weights along with Ricky Burns and Alex Arthur.
A year younger than me, very tragic
Thanks for the memories Willie
21:27, Mon 15 Apr
Scott Harrison as well
Tony Fantastico
21:53, Mon 15 Apr
Top boxer was Scott Harrison but too fond of the beer and scrapping outside the ring. He could have been up there with the all time legend Ken Buchanan
21:58, Mon 15 Apr
Did he move to Spain during his career?
Tony Fantastico
22:01, Mon 15 Apr
He did.
I hope he’s in the straight and narrow now because he moved at least a couple of times into one of her majesties finest hotels.
22:04, Mon 15 Apr
Yeah. Not the first, won’t be the last. Think his old man trained him.
Always relate him to fighting at Braehead Arena
Tony Fantastico
22:37, Mon 15 Apr
He should have been a mainstream star but was tucked away on sky. Win more featherweight world championship fights than Barry McGuigan.
Mad to think that a lot of world championship fights took place in glorified leisure centres back then, Richie Woodall fighting in Telford and Johnny Nelson rocking up at a random town to defend his title before 2,000 fans.