09:31, Tue 16 Apr
Did he say that? I genuinely turned it off on final whistle.
09:43, Tue 16 Apr
Pretty much word for word πŸ˜‚
09:46, Tue 16 Apr
sandpit72
Surely you a have a designated penalty taker & a routine if somebody is on a hat trick, you even have that option on Football Manager, so it really should have been simple, not pushing and shoving.

Luton vs Everton could be interesting on May 3rd.
Palmer was the pen taker. Poch said so after the game.
Tony Fantastico
09:58, Tue 16 Apr
bluer than blues
Surely Man City regret selling him. PL top scorer, home-grown, and they have a Mahrez shaped hole on that right flank. Surely he's not going to stay at European-less Chelsea.

I'd think they are actually relaxed - they look in a pretty good position to win the league again, still in Europe and he didn't want to wait, so didn't fit their culture. Plus they got a decent amount of FFP headroom for him.

There is probably a bit of wishing he had been willing to wait for his chance though.
09:59, Tue 16 Apr
yea, no-one else was on a hat trick either.

Longer clip here, worse than I thought - [x.com]

Probably done Poch a favour though as there may be some sympathy for his struggles
10:28, Tue 16 Apr
That is pretty bad - very clearly not a happy camp there.

They look like they may be regretting handing out all those 5-8 year contracts, given the underperformance and tantrums. Presumably it isn't going to be easy to offload some of those players without taking a significant hit.
10:30, Tue 16 Apr
great win just before a big cup semi final and then that...........
10:31, Tue 16 Apr
My Blue Heaven
Pretty much word for word πŸ˜‚

That’s a shame, I thought his punditry was crap! 🀣
10:45, Tue 16 Apr
Snoop
bluer than blues
Surely Man City regret selling him. PL top scorer, home-grown, and they have a Mahrez shaped hole on that right flank. Surely he's not going to stay at European-less Chelsea.

I'd think they are actually relaxed - they look in a pretty good position to win the league again, still in Europe and he didn't want to wait, so didn't fit their culture. Plus they got a decent amount of FFP headroom for him.

There is probably a bit of wishing he had been willing to wait for his chance though.

He would have also been 3rd choice behind Foden and Bernardo Silva as well so would not have got much game time. Its a rare case of where the selling club, buying club and the player will all be happy with the transfer.
10:46, Tue 16 Apr
HackneyBlue
yea, no-one else was on a hat trick either.

Longer clip here, worse than I thought - [x.com]

Probably done Poch a favour though as there may be some sympathy for his struggles

Looks to me like Jackson & Madueke have had a squabble over who takes it, Jackson has then agreed to Madueke taking it, he gets to the spot where the confirmed penalty taker Palmer then attempts to claim the ball supported by Gallagher, all fairly bizarre.

Hard to understand why Madueke and Jackson are arguing amongst themselves if neither are even the scheduled penalty taker
10:47, Tue 16 Apr
Stronger leadership sorts that before the games even started
12:00, Tue 16 Apr
Dele Ali made a good point about it on TV - they're all jumping in trying to claim the penalty when it's 4-0 and the pressure is off. When Chelsea got two penalties in stoppage time against United to win the game, they didn't want anything to do with it and left it to Palmer...