13:47, Thu 18 Apr
Cardiff midweek isn't too bad, unless they close the motorways on the way back.

Brighton midweek or early kick off is the worst place to get to.
Closely followed by Palace which is ibaccessible from almost anywhere.
I've been late back from Portsmouth when they closed the A34. A sweet trick.
17:09, Thu 18 Apr
They did this year for Cardiff. Hill wasn’t great either. Even Blackburn and Preston were efforts
Tony Fantastico
17:09, Thu 18 Apr
Spike
Rab C Nesbitt
The club already identify its most loyal supporters. It’s nuts that people don’t recognise that there are far greater things to worry and pester the club about

Yeah, it's not difficult. I'm not being a smartarse but whether you call it Platinum, Gold etc...or whether you use a points based system, the people at the head of the queue will always be the people who go to the most away matches - and it's right that that should be the case.

You can sell out Luton, Albion, Rotherham and Huddersfield in crucial end of season games to anybody. Your priority has to be the barmy buggers who were at Hull...or Middlesbrough...or Cardiff...or Norwich, in midweek.

It is merit based, people can work their way up the ladder to Gold - and once you are Gold then Platinum is achievable, if you are THAT committed. And if you are not that committed then you might miss out here and there.

The only real problem comes when you have a farcical situation like West Brom this season, or villa and Luton in previous seasons when the merit based system is seen to be ignored.
Spike knows 👍
Tony Fantastico
17:20, Thu 18 Apr
Mmm I know a few on them coaches,who are not season ticket or bother with home games
20:13, Thu 18 Apr
blue1875
Mmm I know a few on them coaches,who are not season ticket or bother with home games

I know this is true and I think it’s bizarre (for Blues fans that live in Birmingham) - it takes far more effort to attend most away games…thus, if you’re genuinely a football fan and a Blues fan, why would you attend ONLY away games?!

I do enjoy going away but I also love games which I can attend without much thought (I.e. the routine is pretty much the same for all games). Although I ‘spose for fans that go on the coach, it is easy enough…but still, I do question if fans that attend only away games are actually football fans, or if they go for because it’s a day in the piss with their mates…
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
20:41, Thu 18 Apr
Its a piss up for a fair few, some dont watch the games, just get pissed on the coach and in the concourse
21:29, Thu 18 Apr
NouCamp
Its a piss up for a fair few, some dont watch the games, just get pissed on the coach and in the concourse

Nothing wrong with that either imo.
Oftem the football is the worse part of the day.
22:06, Thu 18 Apr
This is the bit i don't get, why spend all that money to drink from a can and then pay over the odds for shit beer at a ground. I really do not see the pleasure in that when you could go to a decent pub etc
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
22:13, Thu 18 Apr
Westbo90
NouCamp

Nothing wrong with that either imo.
Oftem the football is the worse part of the day.

There is if a fan that wants to actually watch the match couldn’t get a ticket…I’ve been to away games with a sold out away end and seen people clattered before the game, then remaining in the concourse throughout the game…I just don’t see the point!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
22:20, Thu 18 Apr
There's plenty of away fans who couldn't tell you what the score was because they've stayed in the concourse getting leathered. It's always been that way.

But they've paid to be there and they'll pay to be there next week. I don't see a problem with it.

There's loads of away games I'd have liked to have gone this season, but I've not done the miles in the last few years. So I can't get them. When I used to go evrey week I could get tickets easily. It's a very fair system.

I don't understand how people can grumble with it.
22:51, Thu 18 Apr
👍 yep. Pretty much how I see it.
They've put the effort/money into being their if they want to spend it with mates on the concourse getting pissed up that's fair enough for me.
For some people the performance on the pitch isn't the main thing of the day, it's meeting up with the same faces week in week out and enjoying themselves.
23:48, Thu 18 Apr
The davo videos give you an insight into that. I remember the Sunderland away one. Davo says to that bloke who seems to be the star of every video "Jimmy, Jobe's scored".

a moment passes... "who's joe?"

This is 100% not a criticism either. Just proof that for a good group of people, the football specifically is nowhere near a priority, they don't really even know a lot about the players. They're out for a drink. My old man (late 50s) wouldn't be able to tell you who Dozzell is or Pritchard for example. Doesn't follow transfer rumours, has no social media etc. Likes going the games to see people and away games for the day out. It's not that deep.