08:36, Fri 19 Apr
With Brian Dick.

[podcasts.apple.com]

He’s surprisingly thoughtful. It’s strange but I quite like him listening to this. He’s clearly very taken by Blues.
09:18, Fri 19 Apr
Pity he was effing useless. Cared though, I'll give him that.
09:21, Fri 19 Apr
Just a shame he lies about so many things to make the job he did sound better
Happy Clapper
09:21, Fri 19 Apr
number8
Pity he was effing useless. Cared though, I'll give him that.

He was rubbish to be fair. I’d totally forgotten we finished 12th in his first year.
09:22, Fri 19 Apr
Le Mod
Just a shame he lies about so many things to make the job he did sound better

What did he lie about?
09:30, Fri 19 Apr
I only watched the first ten minutes but there were a few (I'm sure there are more)

Yeung being arrested a few weeks after he joined, he was arrested a whole year before he arrived, it was Hughton who had to deal with all of that, the fire sale etc

Intimating he had to drastically cut the wage budget as soon as he came in, the wage budget under Hughton was £25M, the wage budget under Clark in 2012/2013 was £23M, a minor difference and a very significant pot at that level, 12th was an abject failure and we were actually in relegation trouble for much of the season.

Intimating he had to sell everyone when he came in, he lost Mutch, that was it, Foster was already gone the year before on a loan to be made permanent. He signed 3 or 4 players on decent wages which were all duds, sadly.

Even in his second season he had a wage bill of £20M which was very competitive at the time, yet we finished 21st and stayed up on a very low 44 points.

I'll let him off in his third season because the budget did drop significantly, but Rowett showed him up by taking us from 21st to 10th within a few months.

Nice enough bloke but does reinvent history to make himself sound better, which tbf is probably quite natural.
Happy Clapper
09:58, Fri 19 Apr
Yeah, he did that a lot when he was here.

He took credit for putting Butland in the team - despite the fact that that was happening whoever was manager.

He took credit for discovering Adeyemi - who "nobody had ever heard of..." despite the fact he'd been at Brentford the year before and a lot of us had seen him play in the play-offs...and then he left him out of the team for Olly Lee anyway.

He claimed he was hamstrung by the fact that Bartley and Burn went "ripping the spine out of his team" despite the fact he hadn't played them together much for one reason and another anyway - the other being that he preferred Robinson.

I would never say the job was easy, but it wasn't as hard as he made it look.
11:45, Fri 19 Apr
I can confirm that he does have a soft spot for blues.

I know people that know him.

I've also met the bloke myself before in the pub whilst he was manager!
11:52, Fri 19 Apr
Bcfc 26
I can confirm that he does have a soft spot for blues.

I know people that know him.

I've also met the bloke myself before in the pub whilst he was manager!

That bit doesn't suprise me.
11:55, Fri 19 Apr
It was Brian Dick who said Foster was sold in the Clark tenure. Foster was one of the first to go when we got relegated. We had Myhill and Doyle as our keepers in the Hughton season.

He made some bad signings in his first season, Ambrose, Mullins, Lovenkrands all flopped badly.
11:55, Fri 19 Apr
he was spotted a couple of times in the Forest in Dorridge a bit worse for wear post match
11:59, Fri 19 Apr
He was a complete nutter ( which I kind of liked ). Never forget when he started kicking the advertising board and pumping his fist when we scored !!
He wasn’t as bad as cotterill. now he was a massive Chunt !
12:00, Fri 19 Apr
It was Brian Dick who said Foster was sold in the Clark tenure. Foster was one of the first to go when we got relegated. We had Myhill and Doyle as our keepers in the Hughton season.

He made some bad signings in his first season, Ambrose, Mullins, Lovenkrands all flopped badly.

they all flopped - but at the time all looked decent signings with fair pedigree with where we were at

just shows how much of a gamble all signings are really
12:07, Fri 19 Apr
If you ranked our managers post Premier League relegation in terms of the standard of the job they did for us he probably finishes mid-table.

He had faults, plenty of them. But we've had far worse since and he did well to keep us up in the end with the team he had and he quite clearly cared.

I wish him well, and I can't say that about some of the divs we've had in charge.
14:12, Fri 19 Apr
The bloke was a complete and utterly clown and was a terrible manager.

We went a whole year without winning a home game and that teamsheet against Blackburn summed up the sheer madness of his reign.

We stayed up because we had a half decent squad not because of anything he did.

I do find it weird the amount of blues fans who think he was OK when he really wasn't.