15:13, Fri 19 Apr
They are already discussing who to "rest"...

[forum.pinkun.com]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
15:16, Fri 19 Apr
Unless one if them is the Norwich gaffer I don't think it really matters what they're discussing.

Besides we'll be safe and sound by then anyway.
16:17, Fri 19 Apr
B_C_F_C

[forum.pinkun.com]

Doesn’t matter. EFL rules now mean clubs have to start 10 of the previous game’s starting 11 in the final game of the season unless injuries or suspensions intervene.
16:18, Fri 19 Apr
AmyT-FEA
B_C_F_C

[forum.pinkun.com]

Doesn’t matter. EFL rules now mean clubs have to start 10 of the previous game’s starting 11 in the final game of the season unless injuries or suspensions intervene.

If you read the link posted... thats what they are discussing... 🙄
16:19, Fri 19 Apr
As many as 10? Seems ridiculously high.

Having said that, I'm sure that there's no loopholes with "so and so picked up a knock in training this week..."
16:19, Fri 19 Apr
We simply need to include 10 outfield players in the 18 who played the game before. So 6 on the bench along with starting the back 4 is OK.

This sounds more likely than 10 in the first 11
16:21, Fri 19 Apr
Brad1875
We simply need to include 10 outfield players in the 18 who played the game before. So 6 on the bench along with starting the back 4 is OK.

👍
16:38, Fri 19 Apr
Apologies if this is a dumb question but do these rules apply outside of the final day of the season (I can't be bothered to find and read them)? Say for example a team tried to rest players mid season because they had one eye on an upcoming cup game?
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
16:39, Fri 19 Apr
jefflynneshair
Apologies if this is a dumb question but do these rules apply outside of the final day of the season (I can't be bothered to find and read them)? Say for example a team tried to rest players mid season because they had one eye on an upcoming cup game?

Its after a date in March...

“For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”
16:44, Fri 19 Apr
Thanks.

I see the sense in it of course but a team could make a similar decision prior to that date and the wider implications could be much the same.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
17:25, Fri 19 Apr
Brad1875

Of course you could also put a couple of youth players who are nowhere near first team standard onto the bench for the game before the final game. So you have your best 16 players which is enough plus two others. That and a couple of pretend injuries for the final game.
19:16, Fri 19 Apr
We could be safe by then.
22:38, Fri 19 Apr
We might be better playing a load of their 1st teamers at jogging pace, rather than back ups who want to earn a play off game.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
05:42, Sat 20 Apr
Trialist
We could be safe by then.

This is Blues.

We're not the new Blues yet so we need to be mindful of the old Blues.

There's a late defeat at Huddersfield waiting, trust me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
07:15, Sat 20 Apr
Can we get through today first please?
Nervy as feck when I woke up.
Up the feckin Blues