19:10, Sat 20 Apr
Gary Rowett wants more quality from Blues

[www.bcfc.com]
19:10, Sat 20 Apr
Don’t pick Burke for a start, that would help
19:12, Sat 20 Apr
Gary Rowett wants more quality from Blues

[www.bcfc.com]

Rowett wants more quality ....... and picks Burke ? ...
19:13, Sat 20 Apr
Okay here's his explanation for Burke and why he was substituted at helf-time

The Boss gave an explanation for both his inclusion and withdrawal, as well as outlining some of the conundrums around team selection.

"It was a little bit of both, Burkey felt his hamstring.

"I think it is something I would have done quite early into the second-half anyway, just for different reasons. If they played a five they might have been vulnerable down that side to pace. I thought it would be a really physical game, I think you saw that.

"The challenge at the moment is that we are caught in the middle a little bit. We have players that can do one side of the game really well, and others players that can do the other side of the game really well."
It really was a baffling experiment and he obviously realised as much, which is why he subbed him at half time. You don't change a struggling side that has just beaten a team 3-0.
Tam
I agree on the Burke point (he was poor) but I didn't see much quality out there today, Bielik excepted - and Dembele in his shortish cameo.
Make Blues Great Again
19:15, Sat 20 Apr
Rags
Okay here's his explanation for Burke and why he was substituted at helf-time

The Boss gave an explanation for both his inclusion and withdrawal, as well as outlining some of the conundrums around team selection.

"It was a little bit of both, Burkey felt his hamstring.

"I think it is something I would have done quite early into the second-half anyway, just for different reasons. If they played a five they might have been vulnerable down that side to pace. I thought it would be a really physical game, I think you saw that.

"The challenge at the moment is that we are caught in the middle a little bit. We have players that can do one side of the game really well, and others players that can do the other side of the game really well."

The only thing they do well is playing inconsistently
19:15, Sat 20 Apr
Someone else pointed out the pace and physicality as the reason and it makes sense... Except for the fact that Burke is absolutely not a footballer in sense and so his size and speed are an irrelevance because he'll never be able to use them.
19:18, Sat 20 Apr
Tam
Echoed.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
19:18, Sat 20 Apr
Tam
I agree on the Burke point (he was poor) I didn't see much quality out there today, Bielik excepted - and Dembele in his shortish cameo.

But Rowett's clear instructions in the first half weren't to show quality anyway.

If you look at how withdrawn T.Roberts was - he more like a centre midfielder... Sunjic hardly advanced towards the halfway line ... fullbacks rarely pushed on ... first half was all about containing Rotherham - not about trying to beat them.
Tam
19:20, Sat 20 Apr
Rags
I agree on the Burke point (he was poor) I didn't see much quality out there today, Bielik excepted - and Dembele in his shortish cameo.

But Rowett's clear instructions in the first half weren't to show quality anyway.

If you look at how withdrawn T.Roberts was - he more like a centre midfielder... Sunjic hardly advanced towards the halfway line ... fullbacks rarely pushed on ... first half was all about containing Rotherham - not about trying to beat them.

I mean simple stuff like passing, when we had any possession - it was really poor. So frustrating.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
Bacuna produced the move that led to that Myioshi chance. It was probably the most effective move of the game.
Burke has no side to his game though. Kranky said the same when we played Wycombe a few years back at their place, he thought they would be strong and physical so went for 0-0 against the then worst team in the league. I don't understand this mentality and what we did today, as most other teams seem to beat them without this nonsensical thinking.
19:21, Sat 20 Apr
Tam
Tam
Rags

I mean simple stuff like passing, when we had any possession - it was really poor. So frustrating.

So true. I said it on the match thread, the players dally on the ball too long and miss the clear and obvious passes that are on first time. When they finally release the ball, everyone is marked.
19:23, Sat 20 Apr
I don't think we can dominate a team, not with how we currently are. We've too little invention and/or confidence. Our best chance of success is hitting on the break.