22:15, Sat 20 Apr
As well as the stoppage for the Rotherham fan, we were on a train from Derby to Sheffield when somebody jumped in front of it and were killed.

We were delayed for two and and half hours and got to the ground at half time. You could hear the train go over them and I'll never forget that.

So, condolences to the family of that person and sorry it came to that
22:20, Sat 20 Apr
Bloody hell that's awful.
22:22, Sat 20 Apr
That's shit mate something you won't forgot for a long time I'd imagine....puts the worries of football into perspective really
Tam
22:24, Sat 20 Apr
Bloody hell, that's terrible.
Make Blues Great Again
22:25, Sat 20 Apr
that is sad and terrible for anyone that has to end their life like that.
22:27, Sat 20 Apr
Many years ago when I lived in London, I saw someone jump off a platform in front of an oncoming tube train. To make matters worse instead of doing it at the end of the Platform where the train approaches he did it almost the other end of the platform so the train was hardly moving. It was not a pretty site.
Tam
22:35, Sat 20 Apr
A few years ago, I was in France and got a call from our gardener (yes, I know) asking if it was OK if he didn't come over that week due to a family matter.

When I got back he told me that his son had walked out in front of an express train just outside Stafford. He couldn't stop searching alongside the track looking for bits of him, because he didn't want animals to take them. The poor bloke, and his poor son of course.

He emigrated in the end as he couldn't stop torturing himself by constantly searching.
Make Blues Great Again
09:39, Sun 21 Apr
Blimey mate, only just read this. When you said you were delayed I assumed that it was because of something that happened further up the line, not that it was your train.

As you say, we all need to put things into perspective, and as someone who threatened to throw his laptop against the wall five times yesterday, me especially.
09:48, Sun 21 Apr
Effin hell.
That poor train driver as well as the person and their loved ones.
Never say they’re paid too much
Tony Fantastico
09:49, Sun 21 Apr
Tam
Tam
A few years ago, I was in France and got a call from our gardener (yes, I know) asking if it was OK if he didn't come over that week due to a family matter.

When I got back he told me that his son had walked out in front of an express train just outside Stafford. He couldn't stop searching alongside the track looking for bits of him, because he didn't want animals to take them. The poor bloke, and his poor son of course.

He emigrated in the end as he couldn't stop torturing himself by constantly searching.
Oh man 😢
My sone mate did it aged 16. Hardest funeral I’ve experienced and I’ve been to my Dads and grandparents
Tony Fantastico
09:52, Sun 21 Apr
That’s awful.

Hopefully the Rotherham fan pulls through, he’s in ICU but breathing on his own.

[x.com]
Gazball?
09:53, Sun 21 Apr
Brilliant news. Hope he fully recovers
Tony Fantastico
11:05, Sun 21 Apr
That’s awful.

Hopefully the Rotherham fan pulls through, he’s in ICU but breathing on his own.

[x.com]

❤️ xxx
11:06, Sun 21 Apr
My mate has to clear up the mess on the tracks after it happens not the best job in the world
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:17, Sun 21 Apr
My mate has to clear up the mess on the tracks after it happens not the best job in the world

In my job I hear about these incidents a lot unfortunately. It’s a lot more common than you might think.

2 years on the job soon, and in one week alone I had heard of 10 separate people being hit by trains.