19:46, Wed 24 Apr
Hearing rumours he may be fit for the Hudds game. Anyone hear the same?
19:48, Wed 24 Apr
Cometh the hour
19:49, Wed 24 Apr
Cometh the cuckoo
Tony Fantastico
20:02, Wed 24 Apr
Don’t know how he could be, they said it was season ending at the Watford game. If we do play him though, we’ve got to play to his strengths. Do what bowyer famously did to keep us up. Get it down the sides, cross it in and play for headers.
20:06, Wed 24 Apr

Rowett has basically said "no chance" (see one of the Evening Mail posts)... him and Chang are the only two not available though.

Which means Rowett could pick Burke again
Tam
20:10, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

Rowett has basically said "no chance" (see one of the Evening Mail posts)... him and Chang are the only two not available though.

That would be an.... odd decision. When he was selected on Saturday it was a surprise, but given his success with his selection of Anderson the week before, I was happy enough to assume that, as he knows him and he's seen him in training, he'd have a plan to use him effectively. That didn't really work out, did it? I'd have thought that the fan's reaction would make him very wary of picking Burke again, because we really do need everyone to be on the same side, although I'm not suggesting that a manager should let fans have the say in who plays and who doesn't.
Make Blues Great Again
21:00, Wed 24 Apr
Tam
Dicken asked Rowett why Burke was selected, Rowett advised to give the team some physicality as Rotherham had big players and it was suggested Rotherham were expected to play 5 at the back which would allow Burke space and time.

Judging by the above, I’d expect Burke to start again on Saturday.
21:04, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

I’d rather a Juke with no legs
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:08, Wed 24 Apr
Rags

I’d rather a Juke with no legs

Get your boots clean 'cos I'd rather you played than Burke !
21:12, Wed 24 Apr
Would be nice to pick a team that makes the opposition worry about us for a change, rather than pick a team thinking about what the opposition is going to do.
22:34, Wed 24 Apr
Bluenose27
Would be nice to pick a team that makes the opposition worry about us for a change, rather than pick a team thinking about what the opposition is going to do.

Especially when playing dead bottom of the league and it’s a chance to pull out of the bottom 3. Such a cowardice mentality.
22:38, Wed 24 Apr
he's knackered. knees are done. even if he went out there half fit what's the point? sadly his best days have gone and we didn't bother to sign a striker in January
23:49, Wed 24 Apr
BriHughesy
he's knackered. knees are done. even if he went out there half fit what's the point? sadly his best days have gone and we didn't bother to sign a striker in January

Yep, that’s about the strength of it.
08:52, Thu 25 Apr
Icm2023
Bluenose27

Especially when playing dead bottom of the league and it’s a chance to pull out of the bottom 3. Such a cowardice mentality.

I for one could not understand the move to play Burke and certainly not when one of the reasons what said to be because of Burke's physicality. He is not a physical player at all, especially with his confidence on the floor.

However playing him because he expected Rotherham to play wing backs meaning Burke would have had tons of space to run into and potentially use his pace does make perfect sense and is in fact picking a team the opposition would worry about as they would have expected the exact same line up as Coventry.
09:12, Thu 25 Apr
Shaun of Brum
Icm2023
Bluenose27

I for one could not understand the move to play Burke and certainly not when one of the reasons what said to be because of Burke's physicality. He is not a physical player at all, especially with his confidence on the floor.

However playing him because he expected Rotherham to play wing backs meaning Burke would have had tons of space to run into and potentially use his pace does make perfect sense and is in fact picking a team the opposition would worry about as they would have expected the exact same line up as Coventry.

Sometimes a manager can overthink the situation.
Trying to be too clever has caught many a manager out. Stick with the mantra, “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. If he plays Burke on Saturday he deserves every piece of shit that will come his way.