08:48, Thu 25 Apr
Just finished the 2030/31 season and blues scrapped to another final day survival on 44 points and sent West brom down to league 1.

In game, in all those seasons blues have remained in the championship the entire time, had one season where they finished in play offs and another one in 8th. The remainder have been between 12th and 21st place finishes.

Rooney survived until mid 2025/26.

Let's hope life doesn't imitate art.
Blues are 24th after about 8 straight losses under Rooney in mine.
Gazball?
10:14, Thu 25 Apr
They’re in the Prem on mine but I edited it to be realistic so Mowbray is manager, we’ve got a budget of 99999999999 and play our home games at our new 60000 stadium, FEA Arena @ Knighthead Park….
I'm so jealous of you lot who still have time to play FM. I tried a demo a few years back and the level of detail fried my brains. I think I'll always miss playing it.
10:21, Thu 25 Apr
bluer than blues
I'm so jealous of you lot who still have time to play FM. I tried a demo a few years back and the level of detail fried my brains. I think I'll always miss playing it.

I play the mobile version a bit - much quicker moving and less detailed, closer to the earlier versions of it from my youth.
10:29, Thu 25 Apr
bluer than blues

You can delegate most of the responsibilities to your staff so you basically only have to control transfers and tactics if you want.
12:33, Thu 25 Apr
Wanted a real challenge so started with Torquay in National South around 2 weeks ago (one game a day) full 90 mins.
So far 12 unbeaten in league and FA preliminary, zero transfer funds, relied on loans and frees and managed to get half the squad on reduced wage contracts, zero scouting budget, -10 points at start of season, already in and around a play off place.
Would like to complete the season unbeaten but I know its next to impossible.
bluer than blues

It's not that bad once you're in at a club. The first pre season with a club will be where you spend the most time but once you're beyond the first transfer window you can fly through a bit. I typically play about 6 hours a week which is typically a couple of sessions.

I started unemployed with no badges and simmed the first season then started applying for jobs. Ended up in Malaysia where I won 5 league titles in 7 years and the Asian equivalent of Europa league. Champions league is too big a stretch though against the power of Japanese, Saudi, Korean and Chinese clubs so I finally left and joined a South African club mid-season.

Trying to win all 5 continetnal champions leagues.
16:30, Thu 25 Apr
I did download an updated version of CM 01/02 - I think there's a community that keep it going every year. It had it's limitations but was fun.

I respect the detail those guys put into the game, but I still think my favourite was 97/98. In some ways, the newer versions are too realistic for me; I liked being able to blitz through and take Altrincham to Champions League winners within five seasons. And Hristo Stoichkov on a free in the summer of the first season was always a coup.
16:36, Thu 25 Apr
bluer than blues

Those golden days when the formation clicked and you just smash the goals in. Julio Baptista playing as the Target Man. Ahhh, happy days.

The last 3 games I've started up but cant even get to the first game of the season.
Is the console version any good? I’m laid up with a bust knee so might get on the FM this weekend.
16:52, Thu 25 Apr
Onel Hernandez
Those golden days when the formation clicked and you just smash the goals in. Julio Baptista playing as the Target Man. Ahhh, happy days.

The last 3 games I've started up but cant even get to the first game of the season.

Target man still a revelation in the lower leagues in 2024, easily my most used role in the last few years, always make sure I have a decent back up TM too (often loan), wide men who can cross and you've already guaranteed at least 30 goals.
17:09, Thu 25 Apr
Championship Manager 01/02 was the pinnacle of such games.

Nothing’s been as good since
Irving Selikoff - "Statistics are people with the tears wiped away"
Vincent Blackshadow
Is the console version any good? I’m laid up with a bust knee so might get on the FM this weekend.

I'm not sure. I think it's pretty much the same as PC but with less leagues and smaller player database.

The game also ends after 20 or 30 seasons but PC is unlimited seasons so it depends on your aim if it was to go from non league to champions league then you may run out of time.
22:21, Thu 25 Apr
I've just got the Blues job. Mowbray sacked in November with Blues 23rd and 4 points adrift.

My first game was Plymouth away (0-0).
Then back to back home wins against Stoke and Bristol have got me out of the relegation zone by 1 point.

With January only a few days away I'll be looking for that elusive striker to help Stansfield, a new winger and potentially a new CM as Paik has been called up for South Korea and will be missing for a couple of months.

Burke and Dozzells loans will be getting cancelled also 👍