06:15, Mon 29 Apr
It's quite ok to be that way this week.

"It’s only a game. Nobody dies if we go down.
Have some perspective"

This winds me up. Nobody is stupid enough to not realise that football/Blues has its place in any person's list of priorities. We don't need to be told of nurses' low wages or a horse dying in a box every time anybody comments on what a totally calamitous situation this is. It's a disaster, not in the context of a boat going down but in the context of what this forum is all about, it's a disaster and we're allowed to call it that without being corrected. Once it's done, it's done and we have to get on with it but until then it's ok to feel a bit crap about things.
06:25, Mon 29 Apr
As I've said before, it is what it is.
Life will go on the same.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
06:36, Mon 29 Apr
Not convinced it is a disaster even in football context tbh.

I'm a chilled out entertainer about relegation. Confident we'll be promoted next season, if not, we'll win the division the season after.

Would rather avoid it and spend about a hundred billion dollars on top players this summer mind.

But it's not a disaster. Going down under BSHL would have been a disaster.
H

Consistently correct.
07:17, Mon 29 Apr
It's quite ok to be that way this week.

"It’s only a game. Nobody dies if we go down.
Have some perspective"

This winds me up. Nobody is stupid enough to not realise that football/Blues has its place in any person's list of priorities. We don't need to be told of nurses' low wages or a horse dying in a box every time anybody comments on what a totally calamitous situation this is. It's a disaster, not in the context of a boat going down but in the context of what this forum is all about, it's a disaster and we're allowed to call it that without being corrected. Once it's done, it's done and we have to get on with it but until then it's ok to feel a bit crap about things.

Spot on.

I also hate "first world problem". Yeah I know, I live in the first world, and feel forever blessed for that.
07:17, Mon 29 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Would rather avoid it and spend about a hundred billion dollars on top players this summer mind.

But it's not a disaster. Going down under BSHL would have been a disaster.

This all day long.
07:31, Mon 29 Apr
The worst thing about the last day of the season is grown men crying in the stands. I really hope we don't see that over-dramatic nonsense.

Often relegation highlights other issues in peoples lives, I remember a family member of mine (who has since passed himself) dragging an 18 stone man out of a pond late in the evening in the early 90's.
He'd had a few in a nearby pub and relegation became too much so he decided to enter the pond, not realizing it was only 3 feet of water at its deepest.
The scariest thing was that was that their was a very deep lake just beyond the trees, but mostly out of sight.

Take relegation on the chin, it will look much brighter in a year.
07:48, Mon 29 Apr
We haven’t even been relegated.

Worrying means you suffer twice.
07:53, Mon 29 Apr
Well said Mig.

We are all, well some of us are, aware of bigger things in life, from the tiniest personal mishap to potential geopolitical catastrophe.

As a Blues fan, you feel it and you experience it. And in the tougher times the feeling and experience goes deeper, and it is OK to worry/care/speculate/ about this little compartment of your life.

Worrying about Blues doesn’t t stop you from donating to Medical Aid For Palestine.
07:54, Mon 29 Apr
The worst thing about the last day of the season is grown men crying in the stands. I really hope we don't see that over-dramatic nonsense.

Often relegation highlights other issues in peoples lives, I remember a family member of mine (who has since passed himself) dragging an 18 stone man out of a pond late in the evening in the early 90's.
He'd had a few in a nearby pub and relegation became too much so he decided to enter the pond, not realizing it was only 3 feet of water at its deepest.
The scariest thing was that was that their was a very deep lake just beyond the trees, but mostly out of sight.

Take relegation on the chin, it will look much brighter in a year.

And children. Weeping children should be banned.
08:01, Mon 29 Apr
Worrying about Blues doesn’t t stop you from donating to Medical Aid For Palestine.

😂😭
Tam
08:05, Mon 29 Apr
As that Buddha says, it's 'just' a compartment of our lives, at least for most of us. While we're in that compartment though, it's pretty important. I shall sulk - no doubt about that - but only for a couple of days, because the mistakes have been made, the anger at stuff will have been spent, and the I shall then look forward to a rosy Blues future.

Obviously, the club is important to us, or we wouldn't be part of a Blues forum for one thing. I will hate relegation, because it's failure and will set us back. However, there's not much that we can do about it but carry on supporting the club. When we were relegated in 2011, the feeling of despair went much deeper - I couldn't see a way back with the owners at the time. I'm not saying that I thought that there wasn't one, it was just that everything was so vague, unlike under DS and DG.

I will feel differently about this one, and will be confident that it's a step back - an unpalatable one, of course - to take many steps forward. And, well.... FEA.
Make Blues Great Again
08:19, Mon 29 Apr
Tam
Yeah, I’m a nervous bastard about it at the moment and will be until the final whistle.

If we go down I’ll be a miserable fecker for a few days and then accept it and look forward to a raft of signings in the summer.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mad
08:26, Mon 29 Apr
The ONLY negative to my mind about relegation will be away tickets will be THAT MUCH harder to get hold of

It is the ONLY negative.

Chill.

We have 5 years to sort this
08:50, Mon 29 Apr
mad
No problem if your a platinum member
09:00, Mon 29 Apr
colinp
No problem if your a OSC member

Fixed it for you.