13:15, Mon 29 Apr
David Wagner brings his Norwich City side to St Andrew's @ Knighthead Park to face Birmingham City on the final day of the season

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
14:53, Mon 29 Apr
So he can still make 10 changes to his starting 11 🤔.
14:56, Mon 29 Apr
Winning gets them a better semi final anyway, anyone dreaming of them on the beach is wrong.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:57, Mon 29 Apr
Technically yeah, he could change the keeper plus 9 outfield players

They'll be pretty close to full strength though I think, they'll wanna win, the hope is that their security in the top 6 may take 5% off them, but we're gonna have to expect the best version of Norwich and hope we can do em like we did Leeds, Cov, WBA, Preston, Sunderland etc

First leg of the play-offs is 8 days after and they've been going at one game a week recently, so no need to heavily rotate
Happy Clapper
15:01, Mon 29 Apr
Greebo joe
So he can still make 10 changes to his starting 11 🤔.

Yep...

The EFL have f'd up again... by increasing the number of bench players allowable but not changing this rule to compensate!

Actually could change all 11? I think...

8 players from previous starting 11 benched.
8 'new' players plus 2 players from previous bench start.
Previous bench goalie starts and other benched.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
15:02, Mon 29 Apr
Plus if Hull were to go 3 or 4 up at Plymouth by half time they havn’t got much margin for error. We need Hull to win ‘gently’! 🤣
15:03, Mon 29 Apr
a semi with either Leeds or Southampton, much of a muchness to me
15:08, Mon 29 Apr
If I were Norwich my main aim would be to avoid injury, rest key players and not get any silly suspensions. Yes a defeat may leave them facing Leeds or Ipswich in the semis but arguably they will have to face one of them anyway in the final and psychologically whoever misses out from those two is a wounded animal - Norwich will be extremely keen to do Ipswich as well for obvious reasons.

There is no way they should be going into this with the same desire of our players and I still think they will rest key players or take them off early second half if Hull aren't winning 4-0 or something daft.
15:11, Mon 29 Apr
He won’t want to lose either McLean Sara and Seargant for the playoffs, clutching at straws but we shall see.
15:13, Mon 29 Apr
GBBlue
If I were Norwich my main aim would be to avoid injury, rest key players and not get any silly suspensions. Yes a defeat may leave them facing Leeds or Ipswich in the semis but arguably they will have to face one of them anyway in the final and psychologically whoever misses out from those two is a wounded animal - Norwich will be extremely keen to do Ipswich as well for obvious reasons.

There is no way they should be going into this with the same desire of our players and I still think they will rest key players or take them off early second half if Hull aren't winning 4-0 or something daft.

I expect to see a lot of changes at half time if Hull aren’t 2/3 up against Plymouth. They have a brilliant record against Ipswich (who will likely finish second) and Leeds aren’t exactly flying so not sure they’re going to be too fussed on who they meet in the playoffs.
15:14, Mon 29 Apr
Super Hans
Winning gets them a better semi final anyway, anyone dreaming of them on the beach is wrong.
Better is very debatable.
But yeah they won’t roll over. But that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them either
Tony Fantastico
15:14, Mon 29 Apr
If I were Norwich my main aim would be to avoid injury, rest key players and not get any silly suspensions.

It's a shame it's come to this .... but your scenario is my biggest hope
15:22, Mon 29 Apr
Super Hans

It's not about "being on the beach" though. It's about that extra little bit of desire and drive to win your 50/50, to put your body on the line, to risk getting injured.... It's a subconscious thing. If Hull go 6-0 up and Norwich are losing by a single goal meaning they'll miss out on the playoffs, they'll suddenly play with more determination than they would otherwise because they'd know they have to score. Well, we're in that situation right from kickoff so considering we're at home in front of a sold-out crowd, I'm expecting to see that sort of performance from us. I want to see players going down with cramp, struggling to breathe when they eventually come off... Anyone who doesn't give everything they have to win this game can eff off from the club. We can get out of it but it's going to have to be one of those performances where sheer determination wins it for us.
15:29, Mon 29 Apr
It's not about "being on the beach" though. It's about that extra little bit of desire and drive to win your 50/50, to put your body on the line, to risk getting injured.... It's a subconscious thing

This is basically it, football matches are won in fine margins and that 5% can make the difference. We need a bear pit atmosphere, our players at full tilt (Which I'm certain they will) and hope we can overwhelm them, as we did Coventry.
Happy Clapper
15:32, Mon 29 Apr
they will most likely rest 1 or 2 of their main men...Sargent goals and Sara most likely

thats about as much as you can expect...they dont have a huge squad for wholesale changes within the rules and will definitely want to win to finish 5th