16:21, Mon 29 Apr
be good to see what the detail is in this

[www.bbc.co.uk]

i can’t imagine the turkeys are voting for Christmas - so it’s some work around to make the gap wider i bet

and will it also mean, yet again, that the Premier League are playing by different rules to the Football League?
16:25, Mon 29 Apr
On the face of it, it seems pretty meaningless on the basis that it will run alongside a rule that means you can only spend 85% of your revenue on playing budget
Happy Clapper
18:10, Mon 29 Apr
Bad idea unless the overspending this will allow must be through injections from the owners and not allowed to load debt on to clubs.

Imagine if forrest were allowed to spend £500m.
18:28, Mon 29 Apr
Interesting that teams in European comps have to adhere to UEFA’s stricter rules, so being in Europe means you have to less room than those who aren’t
Happy Clapper
18:32, Mon 29 Apr
Le Mod
On the face of it, it seems pretty meaningless on the basis that it will run alongside a rule that means you can only spend 85% of your revenue on playing budget

Did it? I didn't pick up on that. It sounded as this was a total overhaul of the rules.

I hope you're right. Otherwise it's a recipe for disaster.
18:33, Mon 29 Apr
Should come into force for our first season back then !
19:08, Mon 29 Apr
WreckTangle
Le Mod

Did it? I didn't pick up on that. It sounded as this was a total overhaul of the rules.

Following on, you are right and I think this can only be good news to the new owners.

All this does is prevent teams like Man City continuing to build their revenue streams to a level nobody can touch.

In the long term, if we can increase revenue to the £500-600m per year, we'll be automatically on the level of the elites. So long as it doesn't impact the quality and popularity of the Premier League, this ceiling level should allow any team that can reach the revenue threshold become more profitable and sustainable.
19:20, Mon 29 Apr
"The players union are opposed to any hard cap on wages."

Fair play, it's not like they're paid hundreds of thousands a week and the reason that clubs are d*cking around trying to find evermore ways of bankrupting themselves is to afford their wages...

The culture of the PL is abhorrent right now and it's ruining the leagues below. Just look at the mess Championship clubs are getting into to get a hold of the PL's riches (which never seem to be rich enough). It's like fecking Tolkien's ring.
19:31, Mon 29 Apr
"The players union are opposed to any hard cap on wages."

Fair play, it's not like they're paid hundreds of thousands a week and the reason that clubs are d*cking around trying to find evermore ways of bankrupting themselves is to afford their wages...

The culture of the PL is abhorrent right now and it's ruining the leagues below. Just look at the mess Championship clubs are getting into to get a hold of the PL's riches (which never seem to be rich enough). It's like fecking Tolkien's ring.

it’s ridiculous and it’s the current incumbents of the premier just looking after each others interests, surprise surprise

it’s quoting a spending cap (on wages, transfer fees and agent fees) of £500m per season… per season

the rules and imposed penalties should be linked to losses absolutely - what’s wrong with that, other than not being able to
police it properly which is where it’s failed

all that’s going to happen with these new rules are yet more inflated transfer fees, agent and player pockets - which are already preposterous sums of money already

and the money just swashes around mainly between top flight clubs in UK and Europe

interesting to see AVFC reject these plans, given their spending pattern for decades i thought this would’ve been right up their street especially as it seemingly removes restrictions that are “holding them and Newcastle back!”

i wonder what the league will look like in 10 years time
WreckTangle
WreckTangle
Le Mod

Following on, you are right and I think this can only be good news to the new owners.

All this does is prevent teams like Man City continuing to build their revenue streams to a level nobody can touch.

In the long term, if we can increase revenue to the £500-600m per year, we'll be automatically on the level of the elites. So long as it doesn't impact the quality and popularity of the Premier League, this ceiling level should allow any team that can reach the revenue threshold become more profitable and sustainable.

I know you are ambitious as we all are but just re-read what you’ve written there. £30m to £600m is going to take 15 years.
Also and it’s probably not popular whilst I detest the wages some of these players make it’s just a union looking after its members.

It’s not the Kevin De Bruynes that have ruined football it’s the Liam ‘300 PL games’ Ridgwells.
TBH, it's everyone involved, De Bryune, Ridgewell, Pep, Boehly, the agents...

It makes me laugh when I hear Pep and Arteta moaning about the number of games they have to play. No one ever challenges them and asks if they (and the players) would be willing to take a pay cut to play less games. Because the reason for this nonsense new CL format, the reason Spurs are playing in Sydney three days after the season ends, the reason we have a PL summer series in the US, the reason there are so many injuries is because the clubs are constantly in search of evermore money to fund ludicrous wages, transfer fees and agent fees.

They wouldn't have to worry about all these rules that will be circumvented if they all just agreed to stop spending stupid amounts of money.v