16:58, Mon 29 Apr
Went to Butlins for an adults music event this weekend.

Spent all Saturday afternoon in The Hairy Dog in Minehead. To my surprise the table next to us was full of Blues and villa fans. The table behind also had villa. One lad had a few too many and started singing that rubbish holte ender song. To be fair to the few villa lads in there, they got it going and finished the song.

Let me assure you though, the KRO that followed was immense and could have been heard outside in the streets of Minehead. Was a random experience seeing Blues and villa take over this pub nowhere near home for the afternoon but was a brilliant atmosphere. And when the Miyoshi goal flashed across the TV the celebration was brilliant. Short lived obviously but the beer was flowing so took the edge off the result.

Great weekend. Won't be going back there though. Shithole.
17:12, Mon 29 Apr
Roman

Bit harsh, I'm kind of fond of Minehead its a nice town, especially the North Hill area, but its the Bristol Channel so not proper sea or waves, a murky muddy kind of slush, the tides are 10 to 14 metres so it goes out a mile or two, its never going to be Barbados, you need to go further south west.
17:13, Mon 29 Apr
Spent all Saturday afternoon in The Hairy Dog in Minehead

Did you get her name?
Happy Clapper
17:17, Mon 29 Apr
😁
Tony Fantastico
17:18, Mon 29 Apr

Spent all Saturday afternoon in The Hairy Dog in Minehead. To my surprise the table next to us was full of Blues and villa fans. The table behind also had villa. One lad had a few too many and started singing that rubbish holte ender song. To be fair to the few villa lads in there, they got it going and finished the song.

Let me assure you though, the KRO that followed was immense and could have been heard outside in the streets of Minehead. Was a random experience seeing Blues and villa take over this pub nowhere near home for the afternoon but was a brilliant atmosphere. And when the Miyoshi goal flashed across the TV the celebration was brilliant. Short lived obviously but the beer was flowing so took the edge off the result.

I think it's alright although never been to the Butlins.

As a town it can only really fail if you have unrealistic expectations in my opinion.
17:21, Mon 29 Apr
Roman

We have friends who go to Butlins Minehead every at Whitsun. They have been asking us to go for years. Finally last year, against our better judgement we gave it a go.

We concur with your assessment. We left a day early. Shithole indeed.
17:34, Mon 29 Apr
sandpit72
Roman

Bit harsh, I'm kind of fond of Minehead its a nice town, especially the North Hill area, but its the Bristol Channel so not proper sea or waves, a murky muddy kind of slush, the tides are 10 to 14 metres so it goes out a mile or two, its never going to be Barbados, you need to go further south west.

My only experience of Minehead is going to watch my daughter's team win a netball tournament at the Butlin's a few years ago.

This might have skewed my view, but we had a lovely time.
17:57, Mon 29 Apr
I've booked the adults Weekender 'back to the 2000s' for a stag do in October at Minehead.

Really looking forward to it for a vile obnoxious tacky lads stag weekend.

From the reviews here it sounds like it's going to be perfect.

Do you leave the site and drink in the town then? I assumed it was all some contained thing.
H

Consistently correct.
18:03, Mon 29 Apr
few years back about 30 of us did Bognor Regis butlins for a stag and didn't leave all weekend, apart from a couple who were ordered to leave...

its perfect for a stag weekend, everything you need is on site.
18:06, Mon 29 Apr
went last november to one of their themed weekends 'back to the 90's' i think it was and had Black Grape and Inspiral Carpets and a few other bands. it was the most depressing fun experience i've had. Everyone was dressed in Sambas and Weller haircuts and about 90% male. It was a bit weird. The price for drink in there was surprisingly okay i think it was £5 a pint and thought it would be a lot more. Would i go back? no. But thats not Mineheads fault it was the event we went to and that wasn't anyones fault in particular just being surrounded by clones is a bit weird. we had fun though.
18:08, Mon 29 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I've booked the adults Weekender 'back to the 2000s' for a stag do in October at Minehead.

Do you leave the site and drink in the town then? I assumed it was all some contained thing.

You’re not far from the town where you can drink, everyone just takes crates upon crates in anyway.

It’s a great place for a stag.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:27, Mon 29 Apr
Worked at Butlins Minehead for 3 summer seasons and 1 Xmas in the 70s, best time of my life. Been back since and it’s not a patch on the old days.
18:31, Mon 29 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA

The weekend I've just got back from was 'back to the 2000s'. It was really good to be honest. Perfect for a stag do. I've done the 90s weekends too which are brilliant as well.

Yes it's tacky and full of horny men and women and you'll be offered class A drugs in every toilet, but it's such a fun weekend. You can stay on site it you prefer. We normally walk in to the town on a Saturday and spend the day in the pubs there and head back for the night.
Nikola Zigic- FEA

I did one in Jan and the music was surprisingly good . Good DJs with Swedish house mafia type stuff. Definitely do not need to leave site there are restaurants, bars and everyone is drinking in the rooms pre going out as well. Plenty of women at the one I was at although some are a bit rough round the edges. Is good fun though.
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
19:19, Mon 29 Apr
Have done loads of Butlins Adults only themed weekenders and they have all been fantastic.
Mostly done the 80s and its absolutely bonkers. Perfect for Hen/stag and Birthday celebrations.
Turn left when you get on a plane.