19:22, Tue 30 Apr
Is the average we've collected in the previous 7 seasons (well 51.7 to be exact). That also includes points that were deducted.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the total we're paying in wages this season is less than it has in 6 or those 7 seasons. That's without having to consider inflation.

Only point I want to make is that there seems to be a fair bit of anger and resentment aimed towards this squad in particular. Given all these seasons of dross, the fact we're still having to deal with some ridiculous contracts, and that they've had 5 or 6 managers swinging through the doors, chopping and changing our playing style each time. Can we not just get behind them? Do we really care at this point who's shit and whose to blame? I don't care right now, nor will I when that final whistle goes. Let's get behind the team like it's a cup final.
19:37, Tue 30 Apr
WreckTangle
Is the average we've collected in the previous 7 seasons (well 51.7 to be exact). That also includes points that were deducted.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the total we're paying in wages this season is less than it has in 6 or those 7 seasons. That's without having to consider inflation.

Only point I want to make is that there seems to be a fair bit of anger and resentment aimed towards this squad in particular. Given all these seasons of dross, the fact we're still having to deal with some ridiculous contracts, and that they've had 5 or 6 managers swinging through the doors, chopping and changing our playing style each time. Can we not just get behind them? Do we really care at this point who's shit and whose to blame? I don't care right now, nor will I when that final whistle goes. Let's get behind the team like it's a cup final.

Yes, lots of emotional babies hurling all sorts of insults at our players. "Cowards", "lazy", "not fit to wear the shirt". Very few would say these things to any of the players one-on-one, face-to-face. When the facts are presented, little of the criticism is warranted.

The fact of the matter is, this has been a challenging season with a key mistake made in sacking Eustace/replacing him with a Scrumpy Jack who argues with teenagers on FIFA. Then we had the bad luck with TM's illness. Other things, not arsed enough to list them all.

As you stated, very few players would perform well under these circumstances. I absolutely guarantee most of our previous squads would be dead in the water by now.

As you also stated, we need to come together as a fanbase before Norwich. Start calling out these toxic clowns and their name-calling, and properly get behind the boys.

Come on you Blues. KRO
20:00, Tue 30 Apr
"we need to come together as a fanbase before Norwich"

While slagging off other fans and encouraging others to confront people or 'toxic clowns'.

I totally forgot that Eustace's sacking, WR appointment and TM's illness was the reason that Ethan Laird couldn't show some desire to make up the ground and win back the ball he lost in one of the biggest games of the season...
20:24, Tue 30 Apr
If I’d have constantly made the same mistakes as these lot week in week out when I was employed, I would’ve expected disciplinary action . A little bit of criticism and disdain is the least they deserve
20:34, Tue 30 Apr
Yeah, really silly from some fans.

Basically, the stats show that they've been good with good managers and bad with bad managers.

It's as simple as that.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
08:42, Wed 1 May
Meadey
If I’d have constantly made the same mistakes as these lot week in week out when I was employed, I would’ve expected disciplinary action . A little bit of criticism and disdain is the least they deserve

And likewise if a member of senior management had made such a poor strategic decision as was made back in October then they probably wouldn't be around any longer either.
And tbf I think that’s the same in most workplaces and the same with most squads before us

Monk, rowett the first time, eustace, we’ve made some pretty bizarre decisions that have backfired

Monk was understandable but it destroyed the dressing room
09:56, Wed 1 May
There are even some prominent Blues Twitter accounts who have driven this sort of stuff who have barely watched a match this season on tele, let alone attended one.

Herd/Mob mentality and people looking for simple answers to complex questions. It's the WM caller screaming pashun down the phone to Tom Ross
Happy Clapper
15:20, Wed 1 May
There are far too many sensible posts on this thread (not all of them mind).
15:25, Wed 1 May
probably a deeper conversation but I think social media definitely plays into that mentality and a lack of nuance anywhere

Easier to churn out 140 characters or a TikTok saying stupid stuff to get engagement rather than put out anything that may take longer to understand, then the herd follow the opinion that has the most followers.

Not helped by Musk and him paying out to blue ticks for their engagement numbers.
15:33, Wed 1 May
HackneyBlue
probably a deeper conversation but I think social media definitely plays into that mentality and a lack of nuance anywhere

Easier to churn out 140 characters or a TikTok saying stupid stuff to get engagement rather than put out anything that may take longer to understand, then the herd follow the opinion that has the most followers.

Not helped by Musk and him paying out to blue ticks for their engagement numbers.

True about social media, but also I think everyone also has a shorter memory than they'd like to admit.

This is our eighth relegation-threatened season in a row, and I have been surprised by the number of posts recently that have implied this is the WORST squad / set of players we've ever had etc. I can't remember which poster it was, but only the other day someone declared this our worst ever team. As if Robert Tesche or Josh Dacres-Cogley would never have hurt them like this. Oh, come back Adam Legzdins – and save us!

(And yes, I did have to look up some of the 2016/17 squad because I'd forgotten.)
15:36, Wed 1 May
Agreed.

The difference however is that those other squads were either:

- Shite and we knew they were shite, but honest. So we backed them more. Nobody expected Novak and Matt Green to be better than they were.

- Or they had some bottle and fight in them. Dean, Shotton, Morrison, Grounds, Gardner (both), Juke, Adams etc. You could see they were right at it.

This current lot are very fancy, much better footballers, so don't get the pass of the shit squads. They don't have the leadership or balls of the other squads.

That's why I think we're getting these silly hyperbolic posts about them being the worst ever.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
15:38, Wed 1 May
The other difference is those squads had some consistency in management, not 5 in a season like this lot.

On paper that Lee Clark squad was a lot worse
15:39, Wed 1 May
I’d dispute them being much better footballers tbh, 2014 aside.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
15:42, Wed 1 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Agreed.

The difference however is that those other squads were either:

- Shite and we knew they were shite, but honest. So we backed them more. Nobody expected Novak and Matt Green to be better than they were.

- Or they had some bottle and fight in them. Dean, Shotton, Morrison, Grounds, Gardner (both), Juke, Adams etc. You could see they were right at it.

This current lot are very fancy, much better footballers, so don't get the pass of the shit squads. They don't have the leadership or balls of the other squads.

That's why I think we're getting these silly hyperbolic posts about them being the worst ever.

I reckon there's a lot to this, yes. It makes it all the more depressing, really, as I do think there's a lot of ability in the current squad.

Also, I have no recollection of seeing Matt Green play a single game for us. I had to look him up on Wikipedia and I am not ashamed.