20:19, Wed 1 May
Hopefully we don’t engage the contractors responsible for fitting it out for our wonder park

3rd cancelled gig not yet had an opening night

[x.com]
20:24, Wed 1 May
I was going to go there for The Eagles (week long residency soon) but decided I couldn’t afford it - the ticket never mind travel and accommodation. Plus I was annoyed that their farewell tour is only going to Manchester- pretty unfair on fans throughout the rest of the country

Wonder if the arena problems will be sorted by then

By the way - we are using the same people I believe
20:27, Wed 1 May
I think we will lose the same in terms of main contractor, designers etc , substructure but the sparkies and other super structure stuff will be tendered out and local hopefully
20:38, Wed 1 May
Blimey. Looks like it’s a gig aimed at kids tonight judging by the replies, not a great look to have them all kicked out with potentially nobody to pick them up.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
KHT
20:48, Wed 1 May
BluenoseMo
I was going to go there for The Eagles (week long residency soon) but decided I couldn’t afford it - the ticket never mind travel and accommodation. Plus I was annoyed that their farewell tour is only going to Manchester- pretty unfair on fans throughout the rest of the country

I believe the Eagle's manager is also a major investor in the venue. Hence the decision to only play there. 😕
20:53, Wed 1 May
KHT
Yes he is
22:20, Wed 1 May
BluenoseMo

We've got tickets for the Tuesday, hope things get sorted by then.
22:21, Wed 1 May

Was reading an article/ watching some YouTube clips where they claim to prove that recent tours the vocals have been entirely mimed anyway Mo so I wld save your money for something more deserving (and I say that as a huge Eagles fan). Previously Don Henley had 're-scored' some of their songs to a lower register as he cld no longer reach the high notes, and then suddenly he's back 'singing' them in their original register - hmmmm. I know most artists have a little help to get the concert closer to the original studio material but charging £300 to 1000 for tickets to a lip sync-ed 'concert' is a little off IMHO.
07:26, Thu 2 May
lowercaser

Was reading an article/ watching some YouTube clips where they claim to prove that recent tours the vocals have been entirely mimed anyway Mo so I wld save your money for something more deserving (and I say that as a huge Eagles fan). Previously Don Henley had 're-scored' some of their songs to a lower register as he cld no longer reach the high notes, and then suddenly he's back 'singing' them in their original register - hmmmm. I know most artists have a little help to get the concert closer to the original studio material but charging £300 to 1000 for tickets to a lip sync-ed 'concert' is a little off IMHO.

Have noticed a lot of bands on arena tours now have some additional help. When I went to see Blink 182, they had an entire backing track to every song playing all the additional guitar, piano and backing vocal parts. I know there’s limitations to what you can do as a 3-piece but think for £79 a ticket, they could get a tour guitarist and people playing keys and strings for a live show.
07:38, Thu 2 May
My Blue Heaven
I think we will lose the same in terms of main contractor, designers etc , substructure but the sparkies and other super structure stuff will be tendered out and local hopefully

Oak View Group are the developer of CoOp. That’s the guys we’ve partnered with.

We’ve not even got designs so way to early to know who’ll be the contractor, but given the size of the project it will need to ne someone major. Bam are doing CoOp, but you would think that Oak View would probably have now fallen out with them in a big way.
08:09, Thu 2 May
TinaTractor
lowercaser

Have noticed a lot of bands on arena tours now have some additional help. When I went to see Blink 182, they had an entire backing track to every song playing all the additional guitar, piano and backing vocal parts. I know there’s limitations to what you can do as a 3-piece but think for £79 a ticket, they could get a tour guitarist and people playing keys and strings for a live show.

Some acts have no band at all, just backing tracks, so basically your paying £80/90 to watch a glorified karaoke
What did the Knights in White satin?
08:16, Thu 2 May
Miss World
Bam are doing CoOp, but you would think that Oak View would probably have now fallen out with them in a big way.

how do you know it's the contractor's fault? Co-op live's manager has resigned, the blame might well be laid at his door.

I'm just laughing at manchester effing up and getting bad press for once 😂
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
08:25, Thu 2 May
A_n_E
Miss World
Bam are doing CoOp, but you would think that Oak View would probably have now fallen out with them in a big way.

how do you know it's the contractor's fault? Co-op live's manager has resigned, the blame might well be laid at his door.

Part of the air con fell from the ceiling during sound check yesterday, so probably down to the sub-contractor who fitted that
What did the Knights in White satin?
08:34, Thu 2 May
A_n_E
Miss World

I didn’t say it was the contractor’s fault, just that Oak View will have fallen out with bam. Looks like SSE were the m&e subbie.

I assume whoever was heading this up for Oak View will have caught a load of flak over this shambles, but there was also a massive PR owngoal from him around local smaller music venues and impact etc. Seems like a bit of a shambles all round tbh.
09:21, Thu 2 May
Super Hans
Blimey. Looks like it’s a gig aimed at kids tonight judging by the replies, not a great look to have them all kicked out with potentially nobody to pick them up.

and...

"US singer Olivia Rodrigo has called off two sell-out gigs for this weekend."
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.