11:00, Thu 2 May
TinaTractor
lowercaser
I was going to go there for The Eagles (week long residency soon) but decided I couldn’t afford it - the ticket never mind travel and accommodation. Plus I was annoyed that their farewell tour is only going to Manchester- pretty unfair on fans throughout the rest of the country

Wonder if the arena problems will be sorted by then

By the way - we are using the same people I believe

Was reading an article/ watching some YouTube clips where they claim to prove that recent tours the vocals have been entirely mimed anyway Mo so I wld save your money for something more deserving (and I say that as a huge Eagles fan). Previously Don Henley had 're-scored' some of their songs to a lower register as he cld no longer reach the high notes, and then suddenly he's back 'singing' them in their original register - hmmmm. I know most artists have a little help to get the concert closer to the original studio material but charging £300 to 1000 for tickets to a lip sync-ed 'concert' is a little off IMHO.

Have noticed a lot of bands on arena tours now have some additional help. When I went to see Blink 182, they had an entire backing track to every song playing all the additional guitar, piano and backing vocal parts. I know there’s limitations to what you can do as a 3-piece but think for £79 a ticket, they could get a tour guitarist and people playing keys and strings for a live show.

Without being rude, if you're going to see Blink and expecting a cracking live performance then I think that's a bit on you. And this is coming from their biggest fan! I reckon I've seen them live about 8 times, and they're hardly musicians are they.
11:04, Thu 2 May
Seeing them at Leeds festival in August, reckon I'll be the oldest person there. Should be a good laugh.
H

Consistently correct.
11:43, Thu 2 May
It will be high energy and good fun, assuming you know some of their songs.
11:44, Thu 2 May
I always thought the appeal of Blink was just how bad Tom Delonge is as a singer.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
11:58, Thu 2 May
Neither of them can sing, but Tom's voice was shot. It's slightly better nowadays to be fair. But they do pop-punk very very well and Travis is probably the best drummer going. They're great fun live if you like that sort of thing.