07:06, Thu 2 May
if we got relegated would you bust the bank and pay off Blackburn to get him back?
07:16, Thu 2 May
Not sure what point you’re trying to make here.

We have a better manager in Tony Mowbray.
07:17, Thu 2 May
I've bought my Blackburn shirt already.
07:29, Thu 2 May
It's a moot point, John has gone and the club will move in a different football direction. I am vexed that a non eventful season finishing 14th to 18th has been thrown unnecessarily into turmoil due to terrible managerial decisions. I am definitely renewing my ticket even in League One, been there, done that got the T shirt
07:44, Thu 2 May
sorry delete this. Should have been in response to the Who thread i've just seen really. Apologies.
07:49, Thu 2 May
if we got relegated would you bust the bank and pay off Blackburn to get him back?

He had a massive problem going to Blackburn when they were already in free-fall and trying to introduce new ideas.... and on that basis we wouldn't have to "pay off Blackburn" as they'd probably pay us to take him off their hands !!

Would i want him back ? ..... hypothetical question as we have Tony Mowbray now and despite all the rumours to the contrary i still believe he'll be back
07:52, Thu 2 May
I’ve woke up this morning and decided we are staying up and Blackburn are going down. So no need for any speculation.
08:42, Thu 2 May
TinaTractor

Didn't you know? People who think we shouldn't have sacked JE when we did all thought he was the best manager since Alf Ramsey.
08:55, Thu 2 May

Some people just love a boring DvB in charge of Blues.

These people probably went down the villa in their youth with their old man but switched to Blues in their teens to try and act cool.
Tam
08:58, Thu 2 May
The way that I look at it, I’m a Blues fan, and individuals are just a part of that entity, so I’m not a ‘Eustace fan’ as such. Obviously you can rate a player or manager within that, and I would say that we were on the way to achieving what I thought would be a season of consolidation and evolution on the pitch. Of course, it might not have worked out like that, but we were doing OK at that point.

Would I want him back? No, not really. I’d like better, and very happy with TM if he comes back. I don’t care what’s happened at Blackburn because I don’t know the workings of that club, apart from knowing that they appeared to be in trouble when he joined. I hope that they get relegated if it means that we stay up and other than I don’t care.

The timing was poor, as had been acknowledged, and it was handled without much grace or class, which grated with me, but it was the appointment of his successor that was the real issue, as any fule kno.

I would have preferred him to have come back for the last eight games rather than Rowett, but no, we’ve got to move on, either with Tony (hopefully)or someone else. We can’t go back.
Make Blues Great Again
09:11, Thu 2 May
ZLAMMER

are you yanking our collective chains? pulling our collective legs?

NO NO and NO
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
09:13, Thu 2 May
ZLAMMER
😂
No
Tony Fantastico
09:14, Thu 2 May
Disgraceful comment why do we need him, he's a bang average manager
09:15, Thu 2 May
Great wind up, not very subtle. No. We'd be better off keeping Rowett than getting Eustace back.

Anyway, TM will be back to save us and lead us to glory.
H

Consistently correct.
09:17, Thu 2 May
TinaTractor

This.

It's perfectly reasonable to think we shouldn't have sacked JE when we did but also not be a "fan" of his. He can be both a limited manager and someone who would have stabilised us for a season, which is what I think we needed.