11:15, Thu 2 May
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

That was the first question as well, wasn't it? Sharp intake of breath time....

Am I to understand from this that the first question at the latest open house was someone whining about a mosque?

It wasn't the first one, the first question was one of John Eustace's relatives on the verge of tears begging for an apology (no, seriously).

The mosque thing has been a bit misconstrued. The question poser was talking about his old school now being a mosque and it being 'unfortunate'. I'm sure he meant it's unfortunate its not a school anymore, not that it turned into a mosque.

Either way, it was totally irrelevant to his actual question and just wasted time.
Tam
11:16, Thu 2 May
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

Am I to understand from this that the first question at the latest open house was someone whining about a mosque?

People were asked to introduce themselves before asking a question, first guy started saying he lives local, has been a blues fan his whole life and went to school round the corner etc etc...

Then said "Unfortunately that school is now a mosque but hey ho" or something to that effect.

It was tempered by adding something like 'because I'm not religious', but it had the capacity to go downhill rapidly.

Edit: Yes, the Eustace's relative's question was first. By the time the second question was asked, I imagine that they might have been questioning the wisdom of an open Q&A session.
Make Blues Great Again
11:16, Thu 2 May
Another connection to Blues is that a certain Tom Brady is doing all of Hertz's commercials
11:18, Thu 2 May
No it wasn’t. The person who asked it, dropped a brick, read the room then backtracked

All he had to say is grew up around here and went to school around the corner
11:21, Thu 2 May
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

People were asked to introduce themselves before asking a question, first guy started saying he lives local, has been a blues fan his whole life and went to school round the corner etc etc...

Then said "Unfortunately that school is now a mosque but hey ho" or something to that effect.

It was tempered by adding something like 'because I'm not religious', but it had the capacity to go downhill rapidly.

Yeah. I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt, it's tough to stand up and speak in scenarios like that as many have alluded to. Wasn't the best look though, and Wagner made the point later of being encouraged by women attending the women's matches in their religious attire later on.

It wasn't outright racist per se. Sure someone made the argument he may have said the same if it was turned into a supermarket or housing as well. I don't know the guy to know his intentions so I'm not going to dump on him, but really weren't the best look. Especially after the first question from Eustace's relative (made a mistake in the first post - this one re the mosque was the second question) it didn't exactly start the best way
Maybe you're right. I was there and that's not the impression I got at the time however. Didn't look good either way.
Nah he definitely meant it’s a shame that the school wasn’t there anymore.

Mental to bring it up, but I suppose public speaking can do some funny things to people.

The majority of the questions were pretty crap, John Eustace’s relative being top of the pile and show why questions should be vetted beforehand.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Tam
11:25, Thu 2 May
Super Hans
Nah he definitely meant it’s a shame that the school wasn’t there anymore.

Mental to bring it up, but I suppose public speaking can do some funny things to people.

it was something like 'now it's a mosque unfortunately'. Then 'because I'm not religious' or something along those lines, which retrieved an awkward moment. Speaking in public is tricky at the best of times, to be fair.
Make Blues Great Again
11:26, Thu 2 May
I’ve seen the footage

Silly moment and silly questioning throughout the session
11:31, Thu 2 May
I'd no idea about all of this and it makes depressing reading as I'd hoped the questions would have been pertinent the future development and growth of BCFC.

Maybe the new owners see these "open house" Q&A sessions a necessary undertaking (not used the word "evil") to give all fans present the chance to speak. They must have known they'd get the weird and the wonderful as questions.

Football managers get sacked, demographics of areas change, stuff happens. I just want to see my football Club recover from the mess of the last 10 years with what seems to have been pure insanity.
11:43, Thu 2 May
I know the lad who said that and you'll have to trust me, it was totally just a balls up of expressing himself as opposed to any other motive as he is virulently anti-racism.

I'm taking no further questions.
11:45, Thu 2 May
Another connection to Blues is that a certain Tom Brady is doing all of Hertz's commercials

Everything that Brady bloke touches at the moment is going tits up 🙄
Tam
11:46, Thu 2 May
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

Edit: Yes, the Eustace's relative's question was first. By the time the second question was asked, I imagine that they might have been questioning the wisdom of an open Q&A session.

Another edit: I have been informed by a poster that's currently not posting, but knows everything with Googling, that it was the first question. Fight amongst yourselves.
Make Blues Great Again
11:47, Thu 2 May

Everything that Brady bloke touches at the moment is going tits up 🙄

Because of you. You put the eye on the fecker.
11:48, Thu 2 May
Tam
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

Another edit: I have been informed by a poster that's currently not posting, but knows everything with Googling, that it was the first question. Fight amongst yourselves.

Like SHA’s version of Batman, watching from the shadows.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.