23:02, Sat 4 May
So with potentially as many as 15 plus players leaving this summer there are gaping holes that need filling.

I recall when the dingles went down to league one back In the day they had some old head solid pros that helped them win the league at a canter, the likes of Kevin McDonald, Sam Ricketts, Richard Stearman, plus the added quality of Bakary Sako and Leigh Griffiths.

I think this method may be the one to follow, some experienced proper professionals allied with some quality that other league one teams simply can’t compete to get.

Luke Ayling the ex Leeds defender would be a good addition, a marmite character for fans of clubs he doesn’t play for, but a solid player in a position we may need to fill if the current incumbent doesn’t fancy sticking around. We also have some cracking young players like Hall Chang and Donovan who will now be able to step into the breach and show what they can do in proper muck and nettles football.

I would also look to raid the better players that league one league two and potentially the national league have to offer.
Brannigan at Oxford for example, Langstaff at Notts County, we will have the power to take our pick to build a squad that we can take thru the leagues on that journey, building a winning mentality and a method just like Ipswich have done.

I’m intrigued to see which way blues go.
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
23:13, Sat 4 May
Hi Craig.
23:16, Sat 4 May
No idea if he’d be good enough for that level but I’d love to sign Langstaff
23:58, Sat 4 May
Haircut1000
Hi Craig.

I wish I had his money for messing up the January window
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
00:34, Sun 5 May
I know some will disagree as he is 37, but I would offer Vardy either a year with a massive promotion bonus or a couple of years, I think it would be worth it.

But yes Langstaff would be a number 1 target.
00:41, Sun 5 May
NeilM
I know some will disagree as he is 37, but I would offer Vardy either a year with a massive promotion bonus or a couple of years, I think it would be worth it.

Vardy just signed 1 year deal
00:51, Sun 5 May
BLUENOSE B
NeilM

Vardy just signed 1 year deal

Ah, I thought he was leaving Leicester, never mind.
07:54, Sun 5 May
He may follow his old boss to Swansea but yeah that's a good target. If not him then Alfie May?
07:58, Sun 5 May
I think the OP is pretty spot on really. It's why I'm not massively against Gardner re-signing as we will need some scrappy nous.

Ayling is a perfect shout but think he starts regularly for Boro, but that sort of fit/player is what we'll need.

Whereas the Alfie May shout looks to me like villa buying McCormack. He's getting on a bit and would be very short term.

We won't tiki taka our way out of that league with a team of midgets like we have now.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
08:00, Sun 5 May
Langstaff and Brannigan were the exact two I was thinking about.

We have the budget to convince players to do a season in league one who otherwise wouldn’t.

Build a team that can compete in both leagues. Easier said that done, decision making has to be perfect, but the resource is there.
08:56, Sun 5 May
I agree, experience will be important as well next season. You look at Derby's team lots of experienced ex championship players. Houriane, Mendez Lang, Waghorne, Gayle. Certainly not just about signing the best kids