23:19, Sat 4 May
Should be a right old larf
Que sera sera
07:37, Sun 5 May
BBC saying that Norwich were singing it. Nope, it was us, Norwich were clapping us for it.
I went in pre season a few years ago. I'm sure we had about six trialists, one was a right back who ended up being decent at Bristol City.

We lost 2-0, we were absolutely abysmal. Might have been the season Clark was sacked actually.

I read a good thread earlier about a "welcome to league one" moment and people have mentioned Shrewsbury.

Apparently Fleetwood play the Captain Pugwash music when they score, glad they've gone down.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
08:55, Sun 5 May
White change kit at the ready.
08:59, Sun 5 May
Southy
BBC saying that Norwich were singing it. Nope, it was us, Norwich were clapping us for it.

Yes, I was annoyed when I read that!
09:14, Sun 5 May
Shrewsbury gives me nightmares going back to the 80s. They were our bogey team. Prior to beating them 2-0 to secure promotion in 1992 under Terry Cooper we'd only beaten them once if I'm not mistaken. Even under Saunders in our promotion-winning season of 84-85 we failed to score against (never mind beat) them - 0-0 draw at home, 1-0 (one of many against them) defeat away. Probably doesn't help my first ever game was a 1-0 defeat away at Shrewsbury in 1980. I was also there when they tanked us 4-1 in the late 80s.
09:19, Sun 5 May
up on the heart of wales line though Nick. Phil Amphlett drives the train now so practically chauffer driven there and back. Pity its miles out of town the ground.
09:20, Sun 5 May
Do they still have a bloke in a coracle?
09:22, Sun 5 May
yeah but doesn't get used much now as its one hell of a kick from the new meadow to the river but he's on standby just in case.

09:24, Sun 5 May
nick_p
Shrewsbury gives me nightmares going back to the 80s. They were our bogey team. Prior to beating them 2-0 to secure promotion in 1992 under Terry Cooper we'd only beaten them once if I'm not mistaken.
1-0. I think our previous win against them was in our first match too. Hoppy's last League match was our 1-0 win, he was taken off at half-time as he was never going to score that day...
09:25, Sun 5 May
They’ve moved, have they?
09:27, Sun 5 May
[en.wikipedia.org]

2.3 miles from the station. Only been there 17 years tbf.
09:50, Sun 5 May
ZLAMMER
up on the heart of wales line though Nick. Phil Amphlett drives the train now so practically chauffer driven there and back. Pity its miles out of town the ground.

Ah, happy days. Still three trains a day in either direction if I'm not mistaken? And surely Phil wouldn't mind a slight detour to the ground?

Got to hope that when they moved ground, they left the old Gay Meadow curse where it was...
09:53, Sun 5 May
bluearmyfaction
nick_p
Shrewsbury gives me nightmares going back to the 80s. They were our bogey team. Prior to beating them 2-0 to secure promotion in 1992 under Terry Cooper we'd only beaten them once if I'm not mistaken.
1-0. I think our previous win against them was in our first match too. Hoppy's last League match was our 1-0 win, he was taken off at half-time as he was never going to score that day...

You're correct of us. Why did I think we'd end that curse with anything other than a nervy 1-0 win? Thank goodness Fry cemented the recovery with the 2-0 double in 94-95 - hopefully another omen for next season. Blimey, I was fresh out of uni when we were last in League One, living in the shadow of Twerton Park where Bristol Rovers were playing at the time. Next season is going to feel so surreal for so many reasons.