10:29, Sun 5 May
Is that a possibility ?
10:30, Sun 5 May
Blue_since_62
Is that a possibility ?

Almost certainly not.

I’m not sure I’d want it either. L1 is a good spot to get raw PL talent on loan.
10:31, Sun 5 May
Blue_since_62
Is that a possibility ?
we will have our usual 6 or 7 no doubt,always said it should be 3 maximum.
10:31, Sun 5 May
Yes but why would you not?
10:32, Sun 5 May
On the contrary. I'd rather we bring in players from higher levels on loan rather than signing lower league sloggers on long term contracts
The cold never bothered me anyway
10:33, Sun 5 May
I agree. We shouldn’t be so reliant on loans, given we’ve supposedly gots loads of money to spend. It made sense in previous seasons with no money, but they should be used now just for squad depth, not to be our main players.
Tam
10:34, Sun 5 May
Only thing is, with that scenario, is that clubs tend to lend them out for their benefit as well, and would expect loan players to be regular starters, generally speaking.
Make Blues Great Again
10:35, Sun 5 May
Loan signings are perfect for League One.

- We can pay big wages due to the SCMP rather than P&S
- If they are not good enough and we get promoted, they go back and we aren't saddled with them.
10:54, Sun 5 May
Clapton
Yes but why would you not?

Looking at the Ipswich model when they where last in League 1 two seasons ago, they only loaned 2 players. both strikers. They scorced 10 league goals between them. They didn't stay for the following season. The team was built on mainly players Ipswich owned. Just my thinking.
I'll be happier if over the summer we build a team for the present and not the future. The absolute priority has to be to get out of L1 asap - without that The Project is dead on its arse. If that means loanees and proven veterans with only a couple of seasons left in them that's fine. Get back to the Championship and rebuild longer- term from there.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
11:34, Sun 5 May
McKenna, inherited a lot of players brought in by Paul Cook.
I disagree. I know where you're coming from re finances but there's a danger in desperately trying to get back up that we find ourselves in the championship with a bunch of players not good enough/too old/unavailable to compete and have to build again and we end up repeating the mistakes we've been making for years.

I'd rather see us take a couple of seasons to come up and do it with a proper team that is a threat. As I said on another thread, I'd rather be an Ipswich than a Sheff Wed.

The good thing is we've got young players that I believe will be better next season, Laird, Buchanan, Roberts, Hall, Donavon. We can build on that by adding some experience and leadership but also some who will grow.
Barking Poslethwaite
I'll be happier if over the summer we build a team for the present and not the future. The absolute priority has to be to get out of L1 asap - without that The Project is dead on its arse. If that means loanees and proven veterans with only a couple of seasons left in them that's fine. Get back to the Championship and rebuild longer- term from there.
This. If a young player comes along who is available at a fair price we should look at it but the focus should be on assembling a squad that will perform for the present not the future.
13:21, Sun 5 May
The success of loans depends what state the club is in.
Recent years we’ve been pretty desperate and thankful for whatever we’ve been given.
Stansfield was almost our sole attacking option this year. Last year we seemed desperate to keep Trusty.
Previously loans have complimented our squad, even the quality Larsson, Muamba and Bendtner batch of loans offered was blended with experience and quality in the rest of the team.
Basically, I think loans work when you’re not banking on them.
Hopefully, we can start using them to our advantage again instead of relying on them.
Bearing in mind the tv money is virtually nothing in this league how much is there to spend in reality? Genuine question. Won’t there be a drop in revenue from tv alone?