22:14, Sun 5 May
Just watched it with my youngest. He really enjoyed it but said the three-way interview with Clough, Revie and Mitchell was all made-up and completely unbelievable nonsense. A fair point, if you didn't know much about Clough.

So I made him watch the original and he apologised.

I miss you Cloughie, you barm cake.

It was twisted though in the film. Made Clough out to be a right fanny. Which he was. But not in this case. I loved him.
22:40, Sun 5 May
Just watched it with my youngest. He really enjoyed it but said the three-way interview with Clough, Revie and Mitchell was all made-up and completely unbelievable nonsense. A fair point, if you didn't know much about Clough.

So I made him watch the original and he apologised.

I miss you Cloughie, you barm cake.

i liked the film, i’d even read the book and i’ve always found the persona and history of Brian Clough very intriguing, definitely one of a kind

before my time, but id read he was linked with the Blues job in early to mid 70s - now that’s a hell of a “what might’ve been” thought

also interesting that Middlesbrough of all places has been the birthplace of several football managers of great repute - Clough, Revie and our own Tony Mowbray!
22:50, Sun 5 May
The book is great too but not to everyone’s taste because of Peace’s peculiar style.

Reading a book by Joe Thomas, set in the seventies around police infiltration of the Anti Nazi League and NF, clearly influenced by Peace. Can’t work out if I love it or hate it.

The film is great, before Sheen became an annoying professional Welshman.
22:56, Sun 5 May
It's been so long since I read the book, I cant remember the style. I know the Clough family were not happy about some of the content. I'll dig it out.
Kumars Fashion Sense
It was twisted though in the film. Made Clough out to be a right fanny. Which he was. But not in this case. I loved him.

Is it a strange feature of this board that when you quote someone, the original version is shown, not the edited? In this case I think you used a different word to fanny, though a synonym. I changed it back in this reply.

I agree with your point though.
23:55, Sun 5 May
Peace has a novel about the Munich air crash coming out in the summer.
07:39, Mon 6 May
LondonAndy
It's been so long since I read the book, I cant remember the style. I know the Clough family were not happy about some of the content. I'll dig it out.

Johnny Giles, 'The Irishman' in the book, wasn't happy. I think he sued but can't remember.