08:40, Mon 6 May
Andy62
A decent transfer window, focus on young hungry players with pace, athleticism and mobility, maybe the odd older player with some guile. This window I think we find out whether all the talk from Knighhead becomes reality

I remember Bruce in 05/06 saying you start by figuring out how you score 80-90 goals and work back from there. Agree though with your list of points. Physicality and durability are key. No point in signing players that are easy on the eye but always injured.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Ribeye
I'll be absolutely fuming if we keep any of the out of contract players. Why would you keep Ruddy? He's finished, can't even kick a ball.

We are out looking for two keepers that can play with the ball at their feet. And yet people want Ruddy to stick around despite the fact that he can’t play in that kind of setup. It’s silly.
This is part of my issue with Gardner and the recruitment team. It’s mental that we have two geriatrics with wooden legs as our 2 keepers and it’s not all down to FFP issues either because both are on good money and we chose sign Ruddy knowing Etheridge’s flipper feet restricted him
Tony Fantastico
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Andy62
A decent transfer window, focus on young hungry players with pace, athleticism and mobility, maybe the odd older player with some guile. This window I think we find out whether all the talk from Knighhead becomes reality

I remember Bruce in 05/06 saying you start by figuring out how you score 80-90 goals and work back from there. Agree though with your list of points. Physicality and durability are key. No point in signing players that are easy on the eye but always injured.
Leadership traits are as important as anything now. Morsy was one from Wigan that was easily available when they were in the mess they were in. Players are out there. Mowatt another I mentioned constantly and is apparently Albions player of the year in a play off side
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Andy62

Leadership traits are as important as anything now. Morsy was one from Wigan that was easily available when they were in the mess they were in. Players are out there. Mowatt another I mentioned constantly and is apparently Albions player of the year in a play off side

I just hope we don’t target Alfie May types. No point giving people like that a 3 year deal when they won’t be able to play in the Championship if we go up. We’ll be spending a lot and can’t afford another rebuild in 12 months.
Exactly. I think we’ll come back up but recruitment is key and I don’t have as much confidence in those in charge of it as I should. It’s a ridiculously huge summer in that respect. Will help define our season and the next few you could say
Tony Fantastico
09:40, Mon 6 May
We win when we sell out so if we do that there's 23 wins already in the bag.
15:57, Mon 6 May
quark
I can’t believe the keep Juke brigade. He’s been a great servant to the club but he can’t run. You can’t have players that are knackered after 40 mins. Young, fit, quick, hungry players please.
Oh and how about winning a few away games.

We can keep him even if he doesn't play. He knows the club inside and out, and is a fantastic professional. He'd be an incredible role model for players even if he spends most of his time on the bench or reserves. People like him are the exact type of people we need around the players.
16:21, Mon 6 May
Having a read through this thread and online I have come to the conclusion that the biggest problem we are going to face moving forwards is some of our fanbase. Football has moved on from hoofball and big strapping blocks as ard as nails types. The 3rd tier of English Football has teams who can play. Ipswich and Plymouth got promoted last season doing so. Why are fans obsessed with players who are past it? 🤔 why do some fans want Rowett as he COULD do a job in league1.??? we need to have a big clear out. Juke Ruddy and the like are the past, we need to move on as a fanbase.
16:25, Mon 6 May
Partisan Blues Fan
Having a read through this thread and online I have come to the conclusion that the biggest problem we are going to face moving forwards is some of our fanbase. Football has moved on from hoofball and big strapping blocks as ard as nails types. The 3rd tier of English Football has teams who can play. Ipswich and Plymouth got promoted last season doing so. Why are fans obsessed with players who are past it? 🤔 why do some fans want Rowett as he COULD do a job in league1.??? we need to have a big clear out. Juke Ruddy and the like are the past, we need to move on as a fanbase.

No one has said anything about hoofball. There's nothing wrong with wanting big defenders who can dominate in the air to defend and attack set pieces. There's nothing wrong with players who are rapid and can cause issues from through balls and running at defenders.

There is also nothing wrong with keeping around experienced, professional players to guide the younger ones and new players in to the team and to act as a role model. I'm not saying we keep all the old heads, but keeping a leader like Juke around to be a guiding light is hardly going to hurt.
16:26, Mon 6 May
A shift in mindset is needed. Plymouth and Ipswich have shown that you can pass your way out of League One so we shold try to do this to.
16:29, Mon 6 May
BlueSteve
A shift in mindset is needed. Plymouth and Ipswich have shown that you can pass your way out of League One so we shold try to do this to.
Exactly 💯.
16:31, Mon 6 May
BlueSteve

Has anyone said anything to the contrary? Are people just reading me say "we need big players and fast players" and just assuming I'm talking about hoofball? Big players and fast players are fully capable of passing the ball too, but they additionally offer things that your small, slow, technical players can't.
16:33, Mon 6 May
Recruitment and ending the season with the same manager as we start the season with.
But we do need a little more height and athleticism .Think we got 2/3 goals from dead ball situations last year. Just a few more we would have stayed up. Like it or not it’s a part of the game.

Can’t be bothered to check but I wouldn’t mind betting it’s the worst in the league. We also conceded a fair few.

You need a balance ideally some that can do both sides.
17:33, Mon 6 May
Rowett said we need players who don't just turn up when it matters but who turn up even when it doesn't. That's it in a nutshell. I remember the midweek game under Venus where it looked like no-one really wanted to be the one to make things happen. And we ended up losing.