Tam
18:02, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
Legal_Bluenose
It's only fair. They're the true Blues.

FGS. Your signature lol

How do you add emojis on here?

I wouldn't bother. They're for halfwits who struggle to express themselves adequately with vocabulary and nuance.

😊
Make Blues Great Again
18:04, Wed 8 May
Tam
πŸ‘

πŸ˜›
18:05, Wed 8 May
john_yuki
OSC members actually get to vote on who our next manager is as well

The return of Steve Cotterill
18:07, Wed 8 May
I tried to join the Great Barr OSC but never heard anything back from them.I will chase the club to get 30% as I am hoping I can persuade my daughter to join me as she's returning from Uni
Nunc Est Bibendum
18:12, Wed 8 May
I hope I still get my signed Juke shirt with this
18:36, Wed 8 May
Tam
...πŸ€ͺ😀
19:34, Wed 8 May
Tam
[/quote]

I wouldn't bother. They're for halfwits who struggle to express themselves adequately with vocabulary and nuance.

😊 [/quote]

😑
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
[fanbanter.co.uk]

If Blues follow suit I’ll be snapping one up, throw in the OSC proper Blues discount and I might get the missus one, too (different part of the ground though).
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
15:03, Thu 9 May
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
[fanbanter.co.uk]

If Blues follow suit I’ll be snapping one up, throw in the OSC proper Blues discount and I might get the missus one, too (different part of the ground though).

Less than £11 per game is nowhere near enough though.

It could well end up being counter-productive.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
15:04, Thu 9 May
...c'mon Ian get with the program, we're loaded don't ya know 🀣😀
15:29, Thu 9 May
IanT
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
[fanbanter.co.uk]

Less than £11 per game is nowhere near enough though.

It could well end up being counter-productive.

Last season for someone to buy a new ST (not renew) it cost £470, which comes to just over £20 a match.

Birmingham Mail reported last summer that we had sold 10,000 ST's as of 17th July: [www.birminghammail.co.uk]

I can't find a final number on the amount of ST holders we had last season, but let's be extremely generous and say we had 15,000. That many fans paying £470 each (again, being generous and assuming all are new ST holders and are all adults which obviously wouldn't be the case) would mean the club makes £7m on those 15,000 season tickets.

Now let's say that ST prices get halved for this season - that would only be a £3.5m loss assuming that we have the same amount of ST holders as last season. Losing £3.5m is nothing really, considering the amount of income we are generating now thanks to Knighthead and co. The amount of goodwill that would bring the owners, combined with the amount of fans that would buy a ST due to the new pricing when they otherwise wouldn't, and then spend money at the ground would honestly probably more than make up for that initial £3.5m loss.

Of course I am by no means a financial expert, but just with this napkin math I can't see any reason why ST prices wouldn't be slashed significantly by up to 50%, maybe more.
15:40, Thu 9 May
There does come a point where you've reduced prices that much that you'll damage the product.

Some people would buy one and then hardly ever turn up, resulting in half empty grounds and the lack of ability to sell that empty seat to another punter.

Ryanair found this with £2 flights to Spain, so many people were no-showing they had to raise prices (and of course they can also sell the seat to someone at the last minute and recover some of their cost).

£15-£20 per game is about right imo, then a flat £25 for anyone who wants to pick and choose their games, £35 being too expensive, and £15 being too cheap.

Plus, I'd also caution against thinking that we haven't got to worry about revenue. I've seen this from a lot of fans recently. We've lost a fortune on TV money already, and we must remember Knighthead is a ultra-capitalist hedge fund in this to make a profit.....not to gift money to others.
15:45, Thu 9 May
IanT
There does come a point where you've reduced prices that much that you'll damage the product.

Some people would buy one and then hardly ever turn up, resulting in half empty grounds and the lack of ability to sell that empty seat to another punter.

Ryanair found this with £2 flights to Spain, so many people were no-showing they had to raise prices (and of course they can also sell the seat to someone at the last minute and recover some of their cost).

This is a fair point, but I think it could be negated by the club introducing a system that lets ST holders sell their ticket for each individual match for the amount they paid per game. So in the event that a ST work out to £10 per match, then if a ST holder realises they can't get to a match, they could sell their seat back to the club for each individual game for £10 which lets them recoup some of the cost on their ST and also gives fans access to a slightly cheaper ticket (the club could sell the ticket for £15 for example). If the club manages to sell their seat for that match, the ST holder gets their £10 back and the club pocket an extra fiver as well as having that seat filled. Alternatively, just make some kind of system where ST holders can sell their tickets directly to fans without using the club as a middleman.

I think something like that would negate most of the problem of no-show fans.
16:12, Thu 9 May
Yep, I'd want a system like that in place regardless of cost to be honest.