16:18, Thu 9 May
I’ve also been given discounted travel & accommodation! Well done South Devon OSC.
16:54, Thu 9 May
That would only work with sell outs really, and they did something similar for Norwich.
Same but with the Sutton Coldfield one...

Do we have to be accepted?
17:21, Thu 9 May
IanT
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
[fanbanter.co.uk]

If Blues follow suit I’ll be snapping one up, throw in the OSC proper Blues discount and I might get the missus one, too (different part of the ground though).

Less than £11 per game is nowhere near enough though.

It could well end up being counter-productive.

Last season for someone to buy a new ST (not renew) it cost £470, which comes to just over £20 a match.

Birmingham Mail reported last summer that we had sold 10,000 ST's as of 17th July: [www.birminghammail.co.uk]

I can't find a final number on the amount of ST holders we had last season, but let's be extremely generous and say we had 15,000. That many fans paying £470 each (again, being generous and assuming all are new ST holders and are all adults which obviously wouldn't be the case) would mean the club makes £7m on those 15,000 season tickets.

Now let's say that ST prices get halved for this season - that would only be a £3.5m loss assuming that we have the same amount of ST holders as last season. Losing £3.5m is nothing really, considering the amount of income we are generating now thanks to Knighthead and co. The amount of goodwill that would bring the owners, combined with the amount of fans that would buy a ST due to the new pricing when they otherwise wouldn't, and then spend money at the ground would honestly probably more than make up for that initial £3.5m loss.

Of course I am by no means a financial expert, but just with this napkin math I can't see any reason why ST prices wouldn't be slashed significantly by up to 50%, maybe more.

Please stay away from my company !!!!!!! and stop devaluing the BCFC product and marginalising people. Fans who pay on a game by game basis, because they live too far away to go regularly enough, or sometimes have to work on Saturdays, or only go when they can save up enough for a single match, or can't go to evening matches, or may be abroad for part of the year etc etc etc ... will buy a season ticket instead.... and you'll end up at some matches with a half empty stadium.

It's easy to say that Knighthead should swallow massive losses and invest millions in the club - but you aren't prepared to do the same.

Season Ticket prices should be £20 per match (when you look at a comparison with other activities that is still cheap) £10 for kids
ie ... £460.00 for adults ..

as a concession (ie reduction) then the club should include in the price, free admission (but you have to order at ticket) to all League Cup, FA Cup and Morris Minor Bubblegum Trophy matches
17:27, Thu 9 May
Rags
Please stay away from my company !!!!!!! and stop devaluing the BCFC product and marginalising people. Fans who pay on a game by game basis, because they live too far away to go regularly enough, or sometimes have to work on Saturdays, or only go when they can save up enough for a single match, or can't go to evening matches, or may be abroad for part of the year etc etc etc ... will buy a season ticket instead.... and you'll end up at some matches with a half empty stadium.
See my other reply a few messages after my initial one for my proposed solution to ST holders not being able to make every single game which *should* solve most of the problem.
Rags
It's easy to say that Knighthead should swallow massive losses and invest millions in the club - but you aren't prepared to do the same.
Yes, it is indeed very easy to say that, considering they've already sunk tens of millions in to it - what is £3m more. Of course I'm not willing to spend £3m on the club, because I don't have £3m to spend. Really weird argument to make that is. Yes, of course it's easy for me to sit here and do a bit of napkin math and throw an idea out - but that's all it is, an idea. If Knighthead think it isn't feasible to do that then I trust their judgement on it as they're obviously a lot more business savvy than me.
17:32, Thu 9 May
Rags
See my other reply a few messages after my initial one for my proposed solution to ST holders not being able to make every single game which solves most of the problem.
Rags
Yes, it is indeed very easy to say that, considering they've already sunk tens of millions in to it - what is £3m more. Of course I'm not willing to spend £3m on the club, because I don't have £3m to spend. Really weird argument to make that is. Yes, of course it's easy for me to sit here and do a bit of napkin math and throw an idea out - but that's all it is, an idea. If Knighthead think it isn't feasible to do that then I trust their judgement on it as they're obviously a lot more business savvy than me.

Well when we get promoted back to the Championship - you can deal with all the complaints about ST prices going back up !

It's a daft idea based on poor logic (probably something therefore that someone at the club may consider !!!) ... you could extent your argument down to .... why not just make them all free ??

If we get anywhere near the top five consistently ... ie fans can go and see Blues win consistently .... then the place will be packed.
17:34, Thu 9 May
john_yuki
Rags
See my other reply a few messages after my initial one for my proposed solution to ST holders not being able to make every single game which *should* solve most of the problem.
Rags

1. It wont solve the 'problem' because people will not bother with "ticket exchange" if the season ticket price is so low.

2. He didn't mean for you to pay £3m ... just your share of it in a properly priced season ticket...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
17:37, Thu 9 May
PS ... "See my other reply a few messages after my initial one for my proposed solution to ST holders not being able to make every single game which *should* solve most of the problem."

This is ridiculous for matches that won't be a sell-out You are actually blocking tickets to those who pay to go on a game by game basis because

1.. not all ST holders will do that
2.. what happens if 3 people want to go to the game ? .. you've given away all the seats to ST holders and are then asking those 3 people to search through a database where they won't find 3 seats together....

I'm sorry, but from start to finish your idea doesn't stack up
17:40, Thu 9 May
PS ... "See my other reply a few messages after my initial one for my proposed solution to ST holders not being able to make every single game which *should* solve most of the problem."

This is ridiculous for matches that won't be a sell-out You are actually blocking tickets to those who pay to go on a game by game basis because

1.. not all ST holders will do that
2.. what happens if 3 people want to go to the game ? .. you've given away all the seats to ST holders and are then asking those 3 people to search through a database where they won't find 3 seats together....

I'm sorry, but from start to finish your idea doesn't stack up

Here's a better idea (well, better than yours) .... do away with Season Tickets altogether and make all games, all ages, all seats £15.00 ... we already have a problem with loads of kids ST seats being empty midweek 'cos "tomorrow's a school day"