18:48, Tue 14 May
Tandy
The cobs at any Black Country Ales pubs are immense, especially the cheese ones which have a slab as thick as a book on them. Massive wedge of onion, some cucumber and a smear of salad cream if I'm feeling frisky.

One of the ones by me does corned beef ones too and they're ace.

Rab knows, judging by his Twitter posts multiple times per week 😂
Mine are from Snooks on Long Lane, Halesowen. 600 yards from the Stag, Quinton and just 150 yards from The Swan a Black Country Ales pub. Snooks are only £1.50 though. I’ll put you a Corned Beef and tomato one up on Friday

Unlike those frozen and unfrozen that you get in major supermarkets my local Spar makes their baguettes, from scratch, on site each day.

Meal deal = £3.99 lovely crunchy full-filled fresh baguette (£3.89) plus large drink (i think most expensive one included is the xtra large Apricot and Strawberry Red Bull (£2.75) plus bag of crisps (£1.25) or trifles / yoghurts / cakes etc etc etc

So about £8.00s worth for £4.00 ... yum

Now, i'm not claiming they are the absolute best baguettes in the world .. but they're way ahead of the major supermarket stuff
18:55, Tue 14 May
Tandy
You're a gent Rab 😁

I'll recommend The Cross at Finstall and the Hanbury Turn if you're ever over my way. Better beer selection at the Turn but better snacks at The Cross, especially the black pudding scotch eggs!
Noticed the Hanbury Turn was a BCA pub when we went to Webbs last week. Never been in. You use The Ewe & Lamb for grub much? Used to use it on a Thursday when my nipper trained on Harris Brush whilst playing for Meadow Park
Tony Fantastico
18:57, Tue 14 May
Rags
Tandy
The cobs at any Black Country Ales pubs are immense, especially the cheese ones which have a slab as thick as a book on them. Massive wedge of onion, some cucumber and a smear of salad cream if I'm feeling frisky.

Mine are from Snooks on Long Lane, Halesowen. 600 yards from the Stag, Quinton and just 150 yards from The Swan a Black Country Ales pub. Snooks are only £1.50 though. I’ll put you a Corned Beef and tomato one up on Friday

Unlike those frozen and unfrozen that you get in major supermarkets my local Spar makes their baguettes, from scratch, on site each day.

Meal deal = £3.99 lovely crunchy full-filled fresh baguette (£3.89) plus large drink (i think most expensive one included is the xtra large Apricot and Strawberry Red Bull (£2.75) plus bag of crisps (£1.25) or trifles / yoghurts / cakes etc etc etc

Now, i'm not claiming they are the absolute best baguettes in the world .. but they're way ahead of the major supermarket stuff
Fair play to Spar 👍
I love a baguette/cob/bread. As my belly testifies
Tony Fantastico
19:00, Tue 14 May
Tandy
You're a gent Rab 😁

I'll recommend The Cross at Finstall and the Hanbury Turn if you're ever over my way. Better beer selection at the Turn but better snacks at The Cross, especially the black pudding scotch eggs!
Noticed the Hanbury Turn was a BCA pub when we went to Webbs last week. Never been in. You use The Ewe & Lamb for grub much? Used to use it on a Thursday when my nipper trained on Harris Brush whilst playing for Meadow Park

I've not been in there but it is always packed so they must be doing something right. I know somebody who worked there a few years ago and they said the kitchen wasn't the cleanest so it kinda put me off.

The Queen Inn just round the corner is too good if you're going for food out that way.
19:05, Tue 14 May
Don’t know it mate. Know the Queens Head by the cut
Tony Fantastico
19:09, Tue 14 May
Ma Pardoes ( Bathams beer) in Old Hill,the best cheese and onion cobs ever....I do miss the 70s.
19:11, Tue 14 May
I was Old Hill born and bred. Still deliver there. Pardoes is Netherton though
Tony Fantastico
19:15, Tue 14 May
Ewe and Lamb is not really a Cob pub but excellent food.

I went to the Anchor at Caunsall last week - brilliant Baps and Pork Pies for £3.

Never tried Rays Cobs but had a few sandwiches over the years from Bill.
19:21, Tue 14 May

Queens Head that’s the one.
19:31, Tue 14 May
Tandy

Dilettante. Reported
19:33, Tue 14 May
Tandy

Queens Head that’s the one.
👍
Tony Fantastico
20:17, Tue 14 May
Tandy

Dilettante. Reported

Can you PLEASE stop reporting me, to me, using words i have to double-check the meaning of ?

How am i supposed to know if i'm guilty or not ?

Be right back.

<<< Edit >>>> : "Dilettante : a person who is or seems to be interested in a subject, but whose understanding of it is not very deep or serious:"

Yes, i'm not a world renowned expert in baguette quality and therefore not qualified to pass anything other than a personal opinion on the quality of the Spar baguettes that i am purchasing. Neither have i used anything other than an empirical standard, or method of measuring the quality of, one baguette against another.

I should therefore have caveated my statement by pointing out the margin of uncertainty which must be exist by my use of solely empirical measures

Therefore your report is upheld and i will put myself on the "naughty step" for an hour
Ma pardoes isn't or never has been as far as I can remember been a bathams pub.
I think you are thinking of the bull and bladder (the vine) in Brierley Hill. And I can confirm their cobs are ace. Cheese, black pudding and onion and they am as big as yer yed!

However mentioned the cobs at the BCA craven arms, don't bother they are rank. No where near as good as other bca pubs
21:23, Tue 14 May
I bow to your superior knowledge.
I am talking of 72 - 76 and it was definitely not Brierley Hill.