10:02, Wed 15 May
Le Mod
I don't watch loads of Prem football but doesn't Foden normally play wide right or wide left?
De Bruyne been out and Foden been the 10. Even when wide he much more central than England use wide men. And with Kane naturally dropping deep, England need wide men to run in behind or you have teams playing higher to compress dpace. Gordon and Saka can be that threat
Tony Fantastico
10:07, Wed 15 May
I like the idea of Gordon off the left, agreed, we need that explosive pace to go in behind

Shame there's no room for Palmer but you can't play them all
Happy Clapper
10:08, Wed 15 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Check out Foden’s 25 goals and loads of assists and for the benefit of the team that’s why lots see the sense of Foden playing in front of Jude and Rice

Foden has to play as the 10. His better than Jude there. I’d go with the same 3 as you it has a good balance Jude as the 8.
10:10, Wed 15 May
Palmer can play 10 or right. Grealish left.
Rashford left. We’re well covered. Another reason to play Jude as 8.
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Wed 15 May
What riches we have.

Form has to come into it. How many times have we seen first picks just not turn up in tournaments looking knackered after the end of the season.
11:00, Wed 15 May
My Blue Heaven
Yep usually on the left with Rodri and de Bruyne in the middle

He’s that good he can play all over the shop

I’d personally play Jude as an 8 but just give him license to do whatever he wants

We are better offensively than defensively so we may as well just go for it

I’d also take watkins and Toney and sacrifice a Connor Gallagher type

there is a big flaw in that plan, and its name is Gareth Southgate.
11:20, Wed 15 May
Le Mod
I don't watch loads of Prem football but doesn't Foden normally play wide right or wide left?

Absolutely !
Different goalposts.
Jude's role behind the striker all across the pitch is dynamite.
Let Rice and another workhorse do the CDM stuff.
Jude is true pedigree.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
11:27, Wed 15 May
Players have to adapt to differing roles. The elite do it easily. Rice will have to as he’s playing a left or right sided number 8 for Arsenal but won’t do that for England
Tony Fantastico
12:35, Wed 15 May
I like your thinking Rab. I hope Gordon gets a chance because he’s been brilliant this year, much better than I thought he was. Player of the tournament in the U21’s tournament. Palmer plays more inside I think? He’s exceptional too but that’s a crowded area too. Foden inside for me also and Jude at 8. He’ll still be a massive danger from there.
13:16, Wed 15 May
newblue
I like your thinking Rab. I hope Gordon gets a chance because he’s been brilliant this year, much better than I thought he was. Player of the tournament in the U21’s tournament. Palmer plays more inside I think? He’s exceptional too but that’s a crowded area too. Foden inside for me also and Jude at 8. He’ll still be a massive danger from there.

Agree on Gordon. He would probably be my left winger, I couldn’t see anything appealing about him when Chelsea wanted him but since he went Newcastle I’ve changed my mind massively.
13:18, Wed 15 May
Plays with no fear, runs his nuts off and is lightning quick, perfect for that wide left role.

A proper cheat, but every team has them
Happy Clapper
21:23, Wed 15 May
Currently in Marrakech and I’ve lost count of the amount of shirts I’ve seen with Bellingham on the back, even a monkey was wearing one (not by choice mind)

If he ever comes back to play for Blues it would be something special
21:25, Wed 15 May
RE Gordon, there’s a brilliant interview with him on The Overlap, the kid has the right mentality and should definitely be in the England squad and perhaps starting on the left, he would be in my team anyway