12:10, Wed 15 May
There may be a Broadband Pole coming to your area soon.

I Live in Rednal and yesterday 3 massive Poles were installed in our close.

Its a company called BRSK according to the engineers they will be going up
all over Brum.

No planning permission required, luckily doesn't affect me but 1 neighbour has
1 outside his front and because its a crescent he's also got 1 at the back of
his house.

Apparently its cheaper than digging the road up.
12:16, Wed 15 May
Is there an issue? People have been living around telegraph poles for what, 150 years?
12:16, Wed 15 May
...the feckers put one up outside ours in Bromsgrove last year, no warning 🤐😤

To be fair you forget it's there after a while, what with the street light as well it's pole city 🤣🤣😤
12:20, Wed 15 May
Is there an issue? People have been living around telegraph poles for what, 150 years?

Not for me it isn't - I'm hoping for cheap Broadband but its the 21st century so was not
expecting new ones.
12:29, Wed 15 May
...Broadband isn't that cheap now GB, and the scammers increase it by RPI+ as well...we do get FullFibre 1Gb off ours so it has its benefits 😤
13:15, Wed 15 May
The UK has comparatively cheap broadband and phone prices.
13:43, Wed 15 May
...comparison here is USA v "the world", on the European section UK is 19th most expensive (at $0.60 per Mbps) out of 23, so maybe not as cheap 🤷‍♂️😤

[www.broadbandsearch.net], Africa seems particulary high, and Asia very low.
13:57, Wed 15 May
Going up all over by me in Wordsley. People do say they are getting great bb deals however.
Rab C Nesbitt is the best poster on SHA bar none.
14:51, Wed 15 May
I had a job interview with these lot last year. They told me back then that this would be happening.
16:05, Wed 15 May
My sister had one put up outside her house without any prior warning. She raised a rumpus about it and it was removed one day - also without warning
21:49, Wed 15 May
Providing it’s not blocking your drive I don’t see the problem.

The advantage is when the broadband pole activates the chip in your covid vaccine and turns you into a transvestite who re-enacts the Rocky Horror every night at 11pm.
22:18, Wed 15 May
Salford Blue
Going up all over by me in Wordsley. People do say they are getting great bb deals however.

I live on Lakeside, by Sainsbury's. There's a Withymoor/Lakeside Whatsapp group, a Facebook group, and god knows what else. The locals ay 'appy.
22:21, Wed 15 May
Tandy

To be honest, yes - my estate is under threat of having them installed, EVEN THOUGH there are channels all over the estate under the pavement where these companies can pull the wires through. It also lowers the value of your house, and it also looks very shit suddenly having wires over the road when at the moment there are none whatsoever
22:23, Wed 15 May
The locals ay 'appy.

To be clear - are they not happy about the new poles or just unhappy about living there in general?
22:54, Wed 15 May
That’s the way it’s sold to people the broadbands better, it’s good in other countries yet they don’t have these every 20 yards.