14:10, Wed 15 May
My moms Sky TV seems to have packed up. She's 83 and her carer says the box can't be turned on. Does anyone know anyone who could either go in and help or fit a new smart TV for her? She's based in Selly Park and lives only so her telly is her lifeline. I live in Bristol so can't pop up easily.
14:14, Wed 15 May
Is she just using the box to watch Freeview? You can pick them up for like £15 on eBay
14:18, Wed 15 May
Yeah I think so. I'm not actually sure. But as long as she has something to watch, that's the main thing.
17:22, Wed 15 May
My elderly mom is the same - and her Sky box packed up a few days ago. My niece phoned up and a replacement arrived the following day (they took the old one away)
18:18, Wed 15 May
Haircut1000
Yeah I think so. I'm not actually sure. But as long as she has something to watch, that's the main thing.
Depending on the TV you might be able to stick the sky cable straight into it, and bypass the box for the time being. See if there’s a sat cable input.
18:21, Wed 15 May
Have you tried switching it off at the mains for a couple of mins? That normally fixes it for me.
The future's bright, the future's Blue
19:04, Wed 15 May
BluenoseMo
My elderly mom is the same - and her Sky box packed up a few days ago. My niece phoned up and a replacement arrived the following day (they took the old one away)

Really? I wasted an hour on the phone to get a new box fitted on Saturday. Decided to check the app to make sure. Order cancelled. I phoned up and the bloke said nothing doing till June...was gonna check the recording of my earlier convo...couldn't do it as manager in meeting...put you through to another line...no answer. Sky are a pile of shit. Anyway problem sorted.. It was just the extensiom cable broken.