18:17, Tue 21 May
Fabrizio Romano reporting he’s keen to move away and try a new chapter with Atalanta still monitoring.

As usual, sounds like agent talk from Fab.
18:32, Tue 21 May
Not surprised though, he's the player I least expect to stay
18:32, Tue 21 May
£££££ ta
Player manager. No brainer.
19:13, Tue 21 May
Should have took the 5.5m touting about in January
19:18, Tue 21 May
No, Rowett should have used him properly and we might be talking about building a team around him now.

He’s genuinely great, I don’t blame the kid for wanting to move.
19:22, Tue 21 May
Los Azules
No, Rowett should have used him properly and we might be talking about building a team around him now.

He’s genuinely great, I don’t blame the kid for wanting to move.

He is very promising and has done well but he certainly isn't great.

Maybe in time, but not yet.
19:47, Tue 21 May
Yeah, I like JJ seems like a good kid, he's got a lot of potential and he has been misused by us in a lot of ways.

But being objective he was probably the 5th best centre midfielder in a relegated championship side that had an especially average midfield.

I'm not sure the big bucks or the big move are as forthcoming as he or us might like. A season in League One would actually be good for him. But I expect him to be bench warming again further up the leagues next year.
19:54, Tue 21 May
He's slightly better than bang average mate cash in whilst we can...my opinion of course 👍
19:55, Tue 21 May
I think we just misused him to be honest. Put him as a number 8 role as part of a 3 man midfield, or a number 10, and I think he's effective. We didn't do that very often if at all.

He's a tidy, technical player that's not completely lacking physicality. His standout ability is his eye for goal, and we didn't play him often enough in positions where he could utilise that. That's my opinion anyway
20:00, Tue 21 May
The misuse of JJ this season has been criminal, one of the few things Rooney got right.

Can see a small fee with a decent sell on.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
20:07, Tue 21 May
Good luck to the kid, would be great to see him kick on in Italy.
20:07, Tue 21 May
He manages 23 completed passes per 90 minutes and didn’t register an assist all season that is the same as Sunjic who we know was woeful in that regard.
20:10, Tue 21 May
Super Hans
The misuse of JJ this season has been criminal, one of the few things Rooney got right.

Can see a small fee with a decent sell on.

He’s got 12 months plus an option for a further year , if we believe our owners we are financially in a good place why do you think we will accept a small fee. There is no reason to sell unless the offer is sufficiently attractive
20:12, Tue 21 May
GBBlue
He manages 23 completed passes per 90 minutes and didn’t register an assist all season that is the same as Sunjic who we know was woeful in that regard.

He did also get 8 goals to be fair. Given his lack of consistent use, that's a very solid return.