14:45, Wed 22 May
If we swapped to a 4-3-3 or other 3 man midfield with one holding then that's definitely an option, but we'd absolutely need a new defensive midfielder because we don't have an all-rounder that can play that role on their own at the moment.

And if it was me I'd start James over Bacuna, again assuming he stays. I like the look of pritchard in the 10, but if you have a highly rated young player on your hands and you're not giving him starts over a 30 year old journeyman you're doing something wrong.
14:47, Wed 22 May
James and Bacuna will both be gone

I agree with your general point though
Happy Clapper
14:52, Wed 22 May
I think so too yeah. I've heard Bacuna's already gone and that was before the season ended, but I don't know how much I trust the source. Wouldn't speculate on it beyond that I personally believe both players will be gone.

Which is fine, because Pritchard is a more than capable number 10 and I reckon he'll stay.

Although having said that, he has a tendency to throw his toys out the pram and now Mowbray's gone, maybe he won't fancy it.
14:54, Wed 22 May
Yeah, we'll sign new players, and that's on top of Roberts, Hall and Pritchard, we'll be fine.

The main one I want to keep is Bielik, a Rolls Royce of a centre back
Happy Clapper
14:58, Wed 22 May
I actually forgot about Roberts and Hall. We might sign more but to be honest I'd be relatively happy going into the season with them two as the first and second choice number 10s, with Romelle being around should either pick up another injury. Glad to see Roberts has gone over to work on his fitness too. Hopefully Brady's witch doctor magic does it's trick.

Bielik, Paik and Miyoshi are my top 3 to keep. The more of them 3 we hold onto the better season we'll have. I think the latter two might be off though. Have a weird feeling Bielik will stay for one season due to the lack of world cup/euros. Hope he does for the same reasons as you.
15:12, Wed 22 May
mjd2505
I actually forgot about Roberts and Hall. We might sign more but to be honest I'd be relatively happy going into the season with them two as the first and second choice number 10s, with Romelle being around should either pick up another injury. Glad to see Roberts has gone over to work on his fitness too. Hopefully Brady's witch doctor magic does it's trick.

Bielik, Paik and Miyoshi are my top 3 to keep. The more of them 3 we hold onto the better season we'll have. I think the latter two might be off though. Have a weird feeling Bielik will stay for one season due to the lack of world cup/euros. Hope he does for the same reasons as you.

Bielik left derby as he wanted to play for Poland, the coach admitted playing in L1 would not be good enough.
15:18, Wed 22 May
Yep, but there was a world cup in the december of that year, and I believe that's also been a change in the Poland manager now too.

Let's also add that Derby were in massive financial turmoil when they went down.

We have a better chance of keeping Bielik for sure. But whether he stays or not remains to be seen.
15:43, Wed 22 May
bcfste
I'd love to keep him but can't see him staying. He will defo be off. I can't see us getting less than we got in January as we was up for the best young player in the championship award, which must be worth something when your negotiating with teams (seeing as it was about 3 players up for it.)

£6-10m and a sell on would be great.

But there wasn't an offer in January, only newspaper speculation.

If he goes now it will be for significantly less than £10m.
19:26, Wed 22 May
Atalanta’s, recent success is based off a solid recruitment process and a good academy.

I’m just sat here waiting for the game to start with the commentary team giving us an insight on both clubs hence the information above.

If Atalanta, have seen something in JJ, it’s clear after hearing what was said, they plan to develop and sell on for big profit.
19:38, Wed 22 May
Clapton
If Atalanta, have seen something in JJ, it’s clear after hearing what was said, they plan to develop and sell on for big profit.
I’d imagine their interest back in Jan was down to their head of recruitment being Welsh, he moved on now so will be see if the interest remains
19:44, Wed 22 May
Yeah that would make sense nonetheless it was fascinating hearing how they find players no one else wants and turning them into big bucks.

They was described as the best run club in Italy over the last 10 years. Their recruitment sounded similar to Brighton / Brentford.
20:22, Wed 22 May
James played very well for Wales and scored goals for us particularly in the first half of the season. TM didn’t seem to want to use him preferring the midfielders he brought in - Dozzel, Pritchard and Paik and we all know how that worked out. Venus didn’t get a tune out of anyone and Rowett was Rowett. We should definitely look to hang on to him, he will be a very good player in League One and hopefully Wagner et al will not seek to offload him to cover the upcoming drop in revenues that is inevitable next season
20:24, Wed 22 May
ephidor
mjd2505

Bielik left derby as he wanted to play for Poland, the coach admitted playing in L1 would not be good enough.
Bielek has not been in the polish team for ages now though,hope he stays but get a feeling he will go to either one of the relegated premier teams or someone like Leeds, Southampton if they don't go up
But in paper in one of the biggest Italian sports sites.

[www.gazzetta.it]

Doesn’t really say much, just we demanded £10 million non negotiable in Jan which should now be lower.
11:58, Fri 24 May
I don't see that with Bielik. Maybe as a centre half. He lacks pace to play centre midfield.