20:25, Wed 22 May
mjd2505
gerry1875
Petebaldwin
I think whoever gets the job (unless it's a ridiculously good appointment), they're going to have a hell of a job on their hands to win over some of the fans.
I agree, we could get Guardiola in and people would moan we play too much front foot football, I suppose 10+ years of utter shite has become embedded in our minds

Personally I'd say Pep Guardiola would be a ridiculously good appointment
100% but people would still moan,was it not a couple of weeks ago where someone suggested an almost 80 year old Barry Fry ?
20:28, Wed 22 May
gerry1875
mjd2505
gerry1875
Petebaldwin
I think whoever gets the job (unless it's a ridiculously good appointment), they're going to have a hell of a job on their hands to win over some of the fans.
I agree, we could get Guardiola in and people would moan we play too much front foot football, I suppose 10+ years of utter shite has become embedded in our minds

100% but people would still moan,was it not a couple of weeks ago where someone suggested an almost 80 year old Barry Fry ?

I know mate was just tongue in cheek, sorry.

I asked the question if he'd be any good as a director of football, but that was more based on his time at peterborough (who have a very good off field structure that's allowed them to compete in the league one playoffs year after year). Not sure if someone else mentioned him as a manager though, that's crazy.
Oh Franky Franky
Tandy
I just think it's lazy to say Rowett's football is boring. Coventry was anything but. Perhaps away from home Rowett tends to "settle for a point" unlike the home games

Yeah that one game we put three past a very distracted Cov with 30% possession and two very nearly calamitous defensive errors was great.

You are utterly joyless at times.

Everyone spent all week telling us Coventry would be on it but because a manager people don't like happened to win the game it was all down to the opposition.

We were good at home under Rowett with the exception of the Coventry game.

I turned up to home games under him expecting to win. It was a nice change.

Not who I want at all by the revisionism to make him look bad is daft.

* not according to my memory of the Cardiff game. Neither team tried to win, and we still lost.

I meant Cardiff game, sorry I think that's an obvious typo mind.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
20:30, Wed 22 May
mjd2505
gerry1875
mjd2505
gerry1875
Petebaldwin

I know mate was just tongue in cheek, sorry.

I asked the question if he'd be any good as a director of football, but that was more based on his time at peterborough (who have a very good off field structure that's allowed them to compete in the league one playoffs year after year). Not sure if someone else mentioned him as a manager though, that's crazy.
No need to apologise mate, whatever happens us as fans will have no say in it will we ?
20:32, Wed 22 May
Ralph Hasenhüttl
20:33, Wed 22 May
Of course, as much as Neil doesn't inspire me, if we appoint him I'll be right behind him and hoping he can work some magic.

Back on his note though, I saw a Stoke fan say something along the lines of his 2 promotions in England maybe aren't as good as they're made out to be. Norwich had the best side in the league and he took over when they were just outside the playoffs and got them promoted through playoffs, and Sunderland were already 4th when he took over. Owners gambled on him for automatics, and he got up through playoffs. Just some interesting context to note.
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Ralph Hasenhüttl

Ooooh that’s a good shout.
20:41, Wed 22 May
The owner's are doing so much right off the pitch surely they must know appointing this guy is a real risk.
Maybe this is just a smoke screen for someone else to be appointed.
20:42, Wed 22 May
Freddie Pickering
The owner's are doing so much right off the pitch surely they must know appointing this guy is a real risk.
Hope to god its not someone like Warnock(they call him Neil)
20:46, Wed 22 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
Ralph Hasenhüttl

Ooooh that’s a good shout.

Wolfsburg Manager
Happy Clapper
20:47, Wed 22 May
Freddie Pickering

It’s just an interview, as far as we know. They will interview many people.

I’m begging people to realise this.

I once had an interview at MI5, I'm sure as hell not currently tracking down terrorists in Tahiti.
20:49, Wed 22 May
What about Giovanni van Bronckhorst? Apparently 'his style is also dependent on loading players forward in possession'

Great name, got Rangers to the Europa league final beating Dortmund, Braga and Leipzig along the way and won the Scottish cup which is not that much of an achievement I know but Rangers have only won a Scottish league cup since he left 2 years ago anyway
20:50, Wed 22 May
A decent shout but realistically he won’t be interested in us will he.
20:52, Wed 22 May
Why not? Hasn't had a job for 2 years and will probably have a similar budget to what he had at Rangers (maybe, i'm just guessing here)
21:01, Wed 22 May
Yeah I totally agree. But speaking realistically, if rosenior’s not interested I don’t think Dutch legend van bronckhorst will be. Or maybe rosenior disinterest is cause of the fans not being nice to Rooney, so maybe van bronkhorst will be.