Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Since you’re so keen on my opinion, let me deconstruct your post.

——————————-

Have you seen the players he had at Norwich?
Maddison, Cantwell, Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, Gunn. -> any incoming manager will have excellent players at blues this year. Also most of the players you list were not in his promotion team.

Sunderland he had Clarke, Pritchard, McGeady, Grigg, Ross Stewart & a fair few of the youngsters who are in their squad now.

I honestly do not think Neil is a good manager whatsoever, watch the Sunderland Netflix thing, the bloke struggled like hell to get that squad over the line in the playoffs. -> promotions at 3 of his 5 clubs, consistent top 10 finishes at another, failed at one

He is so far removed from all the claptrap that Cook has spouted about the direction the club wants to go in. -> have we announced him as the manager or are you overreacting to a media report?

Rowett was a necessity due to Mowbrays illness imo, but other than Rooney being a dud firework, why are they now stepping away from the much mentioned philosophy they want from a manager and team.
> have we announced him as the manager or are you overreacting to a media report?

As I said earlier as much as there is pressure to get back up, I myself could live with them going for a young manager in that mould and it taking time to build it, and I think most fans would too, bare in mind a new division, new squad overhaul, new philosophy implemented.
To go with Neil I just don’t know what they are even thinking or what the plan is, it just seems like they are as confused as us fans are atm with the on-field approach. > have we announced him as the manager or are you overreacting to a media report?

Can’t fault them off it, stadium will be ace and all they are doing regards off field enhancements, but god they are making an absolute clustereff of setting us up to be successful on the pitch > have we announced him as the manager or are you overreacting to a media report?

Thankyou Holdsworth glad to see you make some points which is all I asked.

And yes whilst I admit myself and others can be deemed to be overreacting to just an interview, I suppose my passion certainly has gotten the better of me over Neil, and tbh I can’t say I was exactly the same about Rooney in the lead up to his appointment, but we can have the viewpoint that we don’t want him as manager, as I clearly do not and there would be other names I wouldn’t want too.
Ultimately it’s not up to me, they got it right with Mowbray so lets hope they get this one right too.

It’s all opinions, I’ve made my stance in many threads, I like the younger up & coming manager mould of the ilk of a Challinor, Williamson or Skubala, that’s just my preference 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure some would want someone like Neil who’s the more tried and tested and that’s ok, I think now is the perfect time to rebuild and change the whole culture on and off the pitch, Neil.. just not for me thanks.
11:13, Thu 23 May
Any reasonably competent manager will get us promotion this season. We will have the nucleus of a reasonable championship squad still plus some serious injection of funding for new players. The question is can those mentioned carry the same forward to our 25/26 championship play-off push?
11:17, Thu 23 May
Exactly it will be like playing FM on cheat mode. That’s how much of an advantage we have over the rest of the league.

Competent manager should accomplish promotion with ease. Just need some good strikers to get it all rolling.
11:29, Thu 23 May
TrickyBlue
Dirty Bertie
TrickyBlue
dork
thing is , are Blues ( at the moment ) an attractive proposition for the type of players and manager we want , or are we going to have to make do with what we can get for the moment

Yes we are.

If we have been knocked back by Rosenior and possibly one or two others, then no we are not.

That’s just speculation isn’t it

Probably but what is true is that, judging by some of the names being suggested, there are many of our supporters who are fast becoming as deluded as those the other side of the Expressway
11:36, Thu 23 May
Dirty Bertie
TrickyBlue
Dirty Bertie
TrickyBlue
dork
thing is , are Blues ( at the moment ) an attractive proposition for the type of players and manager we want , or are we going to have to make do with what we can get for the moment

Yes we are.

If we have been knocked back by Rosenior and possibly one or two others, then no we are not.

That’s just speculation isn’t it

Probably but what is true is that, judging by some of the names being suggested, there are many of our supporters who are fast becoming as deluded as those the other side of the Expressway

I’ve heard a rumour Rosenior said no; can’t speak to the veracity of that or if he even said no to the job or just an interview.
11:47, Thu 23 May
Strong hints he snubbed the interview he’s staying loyal to Wayne.
11:48, Thu 23 May
Le Mod
This kinda nearly proves my point though

But he is not and I’d be adamant in saying this, a front footed possesion based football manager.

The data from Sunderland and Norwich says he has been and can be, in the right environment and conditions, hence he’s been interviewed.

I’m playing devils advocate again, I just feel as fans we all have preconceived ideas and this is exactly what Blues are trying not to do when making their decisions.

You are just talking sense tbh. Emotions and opinions overruling the data with some. As you say, the 2 sides that you'd compare the blues to in lg1, he took them both up, that's what Blues are looking at.
Up the feckin Blues
11:48, Thu 23 May
Or thinks he's better than managing in league one
11:49, Thu 23 May
no such thing as loyalty anymore

Most likely thinks Birmingham is not for him and is deserving of a better role with better resources / players
11:52, Thu 23 May
Probably fancies himself for the Burnley or Norwich roles. Might still be some other roles coming up as the merry go round begins, Luton, Sheff Utd, Southampton, who knows what comes up in the next few weeks.
Happy Clapper
11:53, Thu 23 May
Clapton
Exactly it will be like playing FM on cheat mode. That’s how much of an advantage we have over the rest of the league.

For anybody who plays football manager or consumes content around it, I'm pretty confident in FM25 we will be on a lot of creator's lists for fun saves to try out. Had all the publicity last year, got relegated, huge budget and capable squad, and should be on easy mode as you've said.
12:05, Thu 23 May
agreed if i were Rosenior I would hold out for a job at a relegated prem league team with parachute payments in champ

Luton / Burnley
12:22, Thu 23 May
TrickyBlue
dork

Yes we are.

As well as that being unconfirmed guess work from journos you also have to consider what other positions they may be chasing. Yes, we're an attractove proposition, but we're not the only attractive proposition in football at the moment
12:23, Thu 23 May
agreed if i were Rosenior I would hold out for a job at a relegated prem league team with parachute payments in champ

Luton / Burnley

Luton ?

Yes please .... send us Rob Edwards
12:26, Thu 23 May
Wouldn't be surprised if rob Edwards goes to Brighton

Never known a team to of changed philosophy in the space of a season and go up