Neil’s working for Sky today re the play off final I imagine. He’s just been asked outright about being our next manager and he didn’t deny it, infact he looked very sheepish. I’ve always disliked his manner and sh1thousery when we’ve played Preston but perhaps his persona might just kick some life into our under achievers?
15:15, Sun 26 May
Almost every mate of Wayne, will support his claim on not being given a window.

I’d be wary of our board tbh they don’t appear to have any honour.
15:19, Sun 26 May
Mowbray says differently
Tony Fantastico
15:21, Sun 26 May
Clapton
Almost every mate of Wayne, will support his claim on not being given a window.

What evidence do you have for that?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
15:22, Sun 26 May
Clapton

Want to expand on that one?

Because a looks a little like you’re judging the entire character of our owners on one bad decision. But I’m sure you wouldn’t do that.
15:28, Sun 26 May
I think they caused such a stir with his employment they really should’ve given him a window.

The board panicked and sacked him before he had a chance to show what he could do.

Regardless of whether you agree or not with their decision it made the sacking of Eustace, look pointless.

So basically they messed up two lives for vanity.
gesanners
Neil’s working for Sky today re the play off final I imagine. He’s just been asked outright about being our next manager and he didn’t deny it, infact he looked very sheepish. I’ve always disliked his manner and sh1thousery when we’ve played Preston but perhaps his persona might just kick some life into our under achievers?

Alex Neil is the best of those linked to the role. Happy to get behind him. Did well at Preston and Norwich (No one does well at Stoke)
15:31, Sun 26 May
Clapton
I think they caused such a stir with his employment they really should’ve given him a window.

The board panicked and sacked him before he had a chance to show what he could do.

Regardless of whether you agree or not with their decision it made the sacking of Eustace, look pointless.

So basically they messed up two lives for vanity.

It’s not a 9-5 on 24k a year. Everyone in football knows how the game functions and earns enough money to be compensated for the inconvenience. Lives ruined is a little hyperbolic don’t you think?
15:55, Sun 26 May
Tbh in Rooney’s case we nearly ruined his reputation by asking him to get our players to do something they wasn’t capable of doing. Then promised him a window which we reneged on.

If he was any other footballer his coaching career would’ve ended with us.

I can’t be the only person that looks at our owners in the same way.
15:56, Sun 26 May
Mowbray proved they could do it
Tony Fantastico
16:00, Sun 26 May
Honestly I think you’re being a bit naive to the way football works.

Our owners aren’t bad guys because they look after the interests of the club. That’s what we should WANT them to be doing.

Yes, they made a bad decision to hire Wayne Rooney. But then they rectified the decision when it was clear it was only going one way. That’s all that we should care about, whether or not it’s inconvenienced his career is not our problem.

If the squad wasn't capable of doing the work he wanted them to, maybe he should have done more due diligence and not taken the job…
16:14, Sun 26 May
I still be believe in a man’s word being his honour and whilst the decision wouldn’t have been Cook’s alone to make in regards his dismissal it left a bad taste in the mouths of many neutrals.
16:16, Sun 26 May
Clapton
I still be believe in a man’s word being his honour and whilst the decision wouldn’t have been Cook’s alone to make in regards his dismissal it left a bad taste in the mouths of many neutrals.

I'm not convinced, I think most neutrals question why he was appointed in the first place. Why he was sacked is obviousl.
16:18, Sun 26 May
Rooney has the excusethat he had neither a pre season nor a window to explain the poor results. Which is fair enough.

He wont have those excuses with Plymouth so lets see how he does.

I hope he’ll do OK.
16:21, Sun 26 May
I actually think he’s got a much easier brief with the job at Plymouth and one I believe he’ll succeed in.

His mates in the game will be bending over to let him loan some of their best prospects.

I’ll be watching his moves in the next window closely.