11:46, Wed 22 May
Mr Boombastic
Alex Neil comes across as quite a pragmatic and down to earth chap - characteristics we will probably need next season.

Age 42, 3 promotions in his career already (Hamilton, Norwich & Sunderland) and a respectable career win percentage of 41.42

I would definitely be looking at/interviewing him

Stoke is a sh*t show so we can disregard that.

We could do a lot worse, some expectations are too high imo
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
12:04, Wed 22 May
Why did he walk out on Sunderland ?

Couldn't stand Speakman
Bluemachine22

A supposedly better financial offer at Stoke.
12:09, Wed 22 May
Kumars Fashion Sense
Bluemachine22

more stability which sounds funny, but he got blunderland promoted, wanted a better paid longer contract and the black cats were like nah
so he looked elsewhere as did not feel valued
12:09, Wed 22 May
Louie Donowa
Agreed, not sure why you would spend a year trying to play a certain way - whilst planning to rip it up & play "football" if you go up.

Then if we are still in Ligue Un next year, the liklehood is you probably pivot style anyway.

All depends on having the players you need for that style though.
12:12, Wed 22 May
Mr Boombastic
Alex Neil comes across as quite a pragmatic and down to earth chap - characteristics we will probably need next season.

Age 42, 3 promotions in his career already (Hamilton, Norwich & Sunderland) and a respectable career win percentage of 41.42

I would definitely be looking at/interviewing him

Take his time at Hamilton out of the equation and this % drops significantly.
Rab C Nesbitt is the best poster on SHA bar none.
12:15, Wed 22 May
Sid James
Kumars Fashion Sense
Bluemachine22

more stability which sounds funny, but he got blunderland promoted, wanted a better paid longer contract and the black cats were like nah

Are you Alex Neil? That's an incredibly favourable way of looking at it.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:16, Wed 22 May
I thought it was due to a lack of control over recruitment, the Sunderland model is very different to any other club he'd have worked at. Speakman signs the players, the coach has virtually no say.
Happy Clapper
12:29, Wed 22 May
That was my understanding and pushing through youngsters under Speakman with Neil feeling they weren't ready for first team
12:31, Wed 22 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Sid James
Kumars Fashion Sense
Bluemachine22

Are you Alex Neil? That's an incredibly favourable way of looking at it.

i wish i was
12:44, Wed 22 May
Super Hans
I like the optimism but I do feel like some will be disappointed with the calibre of name we get in.

Given that whoever recruits the new Manager has already recruited Rooney and Rowett, I am prepared to be deeply disappointed.
12:47, Wed 22 May
Whoever it is some will approve and some not.

Even if they pulled a rabbit out the hat like Potter some would moan hes DVB.

I can’t do anything about it so I’ll just wait and see. Then take whatever positives out of it that I can.

With regards Neil as others have said could do worse.
13:16, Wed 22 May
mr_crosby
We really should be aiming higher than this

We have to be realistic. Wagner and co have shown how they operate - if they don’t like something about you as a manager then you are gone. Not sure we are as attractive to good young managers as we (the fans) think.
13:22, Wed 22 May
Blue in CT
mr_crosby
We really should be aiming higher than this

We have to be realistic. Wagner and co have shown how they operate - if they don’t like something about you as a manager then you are gone. Not sure we are as attractive to good young managers as we (the fans) think.

I disagree 100 per cent

And I certainly don't want Alex Neil