19:13, Mon 27 May
Nathan Jones …. You been gone too long…
19:13, Mon 27 May
It seems that way, since knighthead have came in we have had 4 english managers and been linked with only british managers
19:16, Mon 27 May
Worthy
Nathan Jones …. You been gone too long…

If only someone else had done this first...well played.
Up the feckin Blues
TrickyBlue
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I’d be chuffed. I’d rather that than someone off the shit job merry go round.

The last decade has bored me to tears though.

Same. Give me someone unknown that has been working wonders else where. Surely there is a league 1 equivalent of De Zerbi somewhere. It seems our data analysts are restricted to only look in the UK.

And you know that how?

How do you know that
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
TrickyBlue
Nikola Zigic- FEA
I’d be chuffed. I’d rather that than someone off the shit job merry go round.

The last decade has bored me to tears though.

Same. Give me someone unknown that has been working wonders else where. Surely there is a league 1 equivalent of De Zerbi somewhere. It seems our data analysts are restricted to only look in the UK.

And you know that how?

How do you know that

How do you know that?
21:46, Mon 27 May
Have to say, although I remain uninspired by Neil, I'm seeing lots and lots of Sunderland fans and some Preston fans on twitter talking him up, saying we'd be bonkers to turn him down.

Maybe my gut instinct is a little harsh on him.

Goes without saying, whoever comes in has my full backing and I hope they succeed. But I must say it's nice to see so many other fans talking up a man who out of all the options, would be one of my lower priority choices.
09:15, Wed 29 May
I was against Alex Neil coming in and not entirely sure why. I had the impression that he is some old dinosaur that has bounced from club to club.

I came across this video last night which has changed my views, He comes across really well IMO

Intelligent, approachable, seems to have a sense of humour but also wont take any cr@p & most importantly for me he looks to build a good relationship with his players

Crazy that hes only 42, 8 years younger than Rowett, 3 years younger than Lampard! Promotions to the championship and premier league at 42. If he had a fancy name and wore a turtle neck he would be getting touted for the Bayern job (maybe not quite lol)

09:25, Wed 29 May
TBF I thought he was a lot older .
I was against him based on no reason whatsoever, but now I wouldn’t be too unhappy
09:48, Wed 29 May
Southwest blue
I was against him based on no reason whatsoever, but now I wouldn’t be too unhappy

I was against him for every reason. Well not against him per se but against pragmatism over style and even that is only because the whole idea of sacking Eustace on the first place was - we were told - to be less fearful!

I would be very unhappy although it looks pretty certain it’ll be him now!
10:02, Wed 29 May
Why is it certain it’ll be Neil?
10:03, Wed 29 May
JourneyOn
Southwest blue

I was against him for every reason. Well not against him per se but against pragmatism over style and even that is only because the whole idea of sacking Eustace on the first place was - we were told - to be less fearful!

Doesn’t look certain at all. Odds are meaningless unless they’re wildly short and at the moment the only evidence we have is that he had an interview.

Could still be anyone at this point.
10:06, Wed 29 May
People seem to be suggesting "pragmatism" is this awful thing that means we'll be sticking 11 men behind the ball away to Shrewsbury. Being pragmatic means going with solutions that will work in practice, as opposed to being ideal in theory.

I'd argue that Rowett isn't all that pragmatic because he believes giving the opposition the ball and trying to counter attack is the only way to win matches and when you're playing a team who are going to stick everyone behind the ball, that's not the best solution in practice. He's as idealistic as someone like Rooney - it's just his ideals are the polar opposite.
10:09, Wed 29 May
A Rowett team trying to break down a poor league one team with 10 men in their own box makes me feel physically ill.

Has any team ever drawn every game in a season 0-0?
10:13, Wed 29 May
JourneyOn
Southwest blue

Neil is a more possession based attacking style of manager than Eustace though, and does seem to be rated highly as a coach.

I don't find him the most inspiring of choices and I have concerns that he became more defensive in style at Stoke (my theory is that coaches rarely get more progressive in style, but can become more cautious as they age). That said, he might well be a good choice for 2-3 seasons to get us up and start to embed a more front foot style of football at the club before moving on from him when he reaches his ceiling (which I think is probably low Prem/ high Champ)