09:01, Fri 24 May
Rags
They’ve reuploded now, removed the clip with the bloke on the roof without a hard hat🤣

You don't have to necessarily wear hard hats when working on roofs ... it's just about the only place where something is not going to drop on your head

It's not only for anything falling on your head, it's protection against banging your head.

If there is nothing above you and nothing to bump your head on then you, by law, do not have to wear a hard hat when working on a roof assuming that a risk assessment has been done and confirms this.

Some companies have a policy of insisting that hard hats be worn on roofs - but this is ONLY because they beliwve that roof workers won't put them on as soon as they leave the roof via whichever access method they are using ... hoist, scaffold, lift etc
09:11, Fri 24 May
Trialist
Perhaps a sign that the GMU is now out of use permanently.

People saying it's going to block the pitch that much, I can't see how it fails to.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:23, Fri 24 May
I know what you're saying but it seems odd that the wearing of a hard hat isn't a site requirement. On most sites, once you're in the perimeter, it's hard hats everywhere.

Not that I'm bothered but I'm bored of discussing who's going to be our next manager.
You'd like to think if you're sat in the GMU directly behind the new screen it'll only block your view of the Tilton, and you'll still have full visibility of the pitch. Surely that'll be the intention...?
Formerly Man Lyk GroundShare and Man Lyk GroundRepair.
09:26, Fri 24 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Trialist

People saying it's going to block the pitch that much, I can't see how it fails to.

No, i don’t believe it will block the view. Even from the back of the GMU you’ll see the whole of the pitch under the lower edge of the screen, unless you’re over 13’ tall.
09:29, Fri 24 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Trialist

Surely the engineers have done the maths on this? I know the club get some stuff wrong but I'd be surprised if they've been that stupid
Happy Clapper
ManLykGroundRepaired
You'd like to think if you're sat in the GMU directly behind the new screen it'll only block your view of the Tilton, and you'll still have full visibility of the pitch. Surely that'll be the intention...?

This is my impression too. The only issue I'd expect is that, if you're in the middle at the back of either end, you might not be able to see the screen at the opposite end and you might temporarily lose sight of high balls.
09:31, Fri 24 May
Falstaff
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Trialist

No, i don’t believe it will block the view. Even from the back of the GMU you’ll see the whole of the pitch under the lower edge of the screen, unless you’re over 13’ tall.

As long as you can see the pitch whilst standing in the walkways singing "we're Birmingham City, we'll do what we want..." that's the only consideration really.
09:31, Fri 24 May
Le Mod
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Trialist

Surely the engineers have done the maths on this? I know the club get some stuff wrong but I'd be surprised if they've been that stupid

Yep looking at the pictures it will just block the view of the Tilton so you won’t see either screen.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:47, Fri 24 May
Miguelagenn
I know what you're saying but it seems odd that the wearing of a hard hat isn't a site requirement. On most sites, once you're in the perimeter, it's hard hats everywhere.

Not that I'm bothered but I'm bored of discussing who's going to be our next manager.

Many companies have their own standards that go well beyond the minimum requirements. Mine is one of them.

Should I wish to go to New Street, walk to the end of a platform and photograph a signal - I would be required to do it in full Orange PPE including hard hat, steel boots and eye protection.

Its not necessary at all but it creates a mindset of safety which is not a bad thing.
09:50, Fri 24 May
I've run a job at New St, out of hours. I don't mind if I never have to do it again.
09:57, Fri 24 May
Kimber
Some more pics here
[x.com]

Looks great but I can the folks in GMU not being happy!

The GMU screen looks off centre which is an odd choice.
10:09, Fri 24 May
TewkesburyBlue
Kimber
Some more pics here
[x.com]

Looks great but I can the folks in GMU not being happy!

I think it is just perspective making it look offset.
10:10, Fri 24 May
Yeah, looks central to me
Happy Clapper
10:10, Fri 24 May

It looks off center but it isn't if you look closely.