10:41, Thu 23 May
The next name linked.

Albeit by Alan Nixon.

No idea if he's what we need.
10:42, Thu 23 May
If nothing else, they're interviewing people & not just offering it out, like last year.

I'm sure the board will make the decision they feel is "right" so it's all fine.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
10:44, Thu 23 May
Are we going to get another 300+ post thread about how Heckingbottom is the shittest manager in the history of professional football now? Andy might have to upgrade the servers...
10:47, Thu 23 May
Would prefer him to Neil.
10:48, Thu 23 May
David Xavis

Why?
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
10:50, Thu 23 May
David Xavis

I'd prefer Neil. Personally do not see how they will keep everyone happy with this summer.
10:50, Thu 23 May
A patchy manager but feels a better fit than Neil.

Plays entertaining and attacking football.

Summarised as:

- Ok at Barnsley, promoted via playoffs.

- Crap at Leeds but this is when Leeds were a mess. Sacked because they wanted Bielsa- fine.

- Hibs- patchy, awful runs of form.

- Sheff Utd- only went back as a youth team coach and got the job after an interim spell. Won promotion and 3 x manager of the month that season.

Would be ok.

I just have a thing with people who have the word 'bottom' in their name. Heckingbottom, Ramsbottom. They just have no credibility.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:51, Thu 23 May
Petebaldwin
Are we going to get another 300+ post thread about how Heckingbottom is the shittest manager in the history of professional football now? Andy might have to upgrade the servers...

looooooooooooooool

probably
I'm a lumberjack and i'm okay
10:51, Thu 23 May
They won't. It'll be a summer full of "it's going to be a massive failure. I hope to be proven wrong though..."
10:52, Thu 23 May
Win percentages:

Barnsley- 35%
Leeds- 25%
Hibs- 34%
Sheff Utd- 50%
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:53, Thu 23 May
IanT
David Xavis

Why?

Dunno - his record is no better than Neil but I just recall his Sheff Utd team looking really good when they came to St Andrews last season.

Still don’t think I’d be buzzing with the appointment, not exciting enough.
Heckingbottom and Neil both seem boring to me. I'm trying to imagine our manager at the end of a crucial away win coming over to our away fans and giving it some. Neither of them do it for me.
I’d also prefer Neil.
11:04, Thu 23 May
Not for me either.

When are we going to be linked with a sexy foreign manager whose data suggests we’ll piss the league scoring 100+ goals while having 95% possession?