13:50, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Can someone just give Mourinho a call? Don't think a lot of our lot will settle for less.

AIM higher.

Xavi, Poch maybe even see what Tuchel is doing 🤷‍♂️

Nah Poch and Tuchel have failed at other super-clubs so they're no good. Xavi Alonso has done well this year but lacks experience - plus he lost a cup final and we need winners, not losers. I hope the owners are aiming higher than these 3 to be honest after all the talk about "world class."
14:06, Thu 23 May
Petebaldwin
TaylorJay84
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Can someone just give Mourinho a call? Don't think a lot of our lot will settle for less.

AIM higher.

Nah Poch and Tuchel have failed at other super-clubs so they're no good. Xavi Alonso has done well this year but lacks experience - plus he lost a cup final and we need winners, not losers. I hope the owners are aiming higher than these 3 to be honest after all the talk about "world class."

Very good points well made.
Xabi was high on my list until last night, looks tactically naive and out of his depth.

The search continues………
16:10, Thu 23 May

I like managers who are highly intelligent, adapatable, verstatile, emotionally mature, good communicators, have a philosophical agenda, a clear plan and an approach that is refreshing, clear and long-term.

Out of the "lower league" managers mentioned so far i think Mike Williamson matches those criteria best.
16:12, Thu 23 May
Rags

I like managers who are highly intelligent, adapatable, verstatile, emotionally mature, good communicators, have a philosophical agenda, a clear plan and an approach that is refreshing, clear and long-term.

Out of the "lower league" managers mentioned so far i think Mike Williamson matches those criteria best.

Great shout Rags, he, Skubala and Challinor would be my ideal candidates.
Risky sure but up & coming guys in the game.
16:13, Thu 23 May
Also He is favorite for the job at Plymouth...

Think we are forgetting there is also a few championship clubs interviewing atm

Norwich / Sunderland / Plymouth

hearing Will Still was interviewed at Norwich earlier today
16:15, Thu 23 May
ephidor
Also He is favorite for the job at Plymouth...

Think we are forgetting there is also a few championship clubs interviewing atm

Norwich / Sunderland / Plymouth

hearing Will Still was interviewed at Norwich earlier today

Yeah I saw that about Still, Norwich have three strong candidates apparently 🤷‍♂️

Think our list will be a lot lot longer.

Only two days ago Heckingbottom was nailed on for the Plymouth job.
16:20, Thu 23 May
It sounds like the Plymouth job is his if he wants it but he's holding out for something better
Happy Clapper
16:23, Thu 23 May
Le Mod
It sounds like the Plymouth job is his if he wants it but he's holding out for something better

Who’s that Heckingbottom Mod?
16:27, Thu 23 May
I’ve always said we should go for Cifuentes at QPR because I think he can easily be a far flung Spanish island or a cleaning product.
Tam
16:34, Thu 23 May
Kumars Fashion Sense
I’ve always said we should go for Cifuentes at QPR because I think he can easily be a far flung Spanish island or a cleaning product.

Or an anagram that could earn an instant ban.
Make Blues Great Again
16:35, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84
Bluesince62 F.E.A.

AIM higher.

Fair. Note to self...Be Better.
Up the feckin Blues
El Hijo de Quarkio
TrickyBlue
Not for me either.

When are we going to be linked with a sexy foreign manager whose data suggests we’ll piss the league scoring 100+ goals while having 95% possession?

This would be lovely, although I think we might need to be more realistic/pragmatic in our expectations. Are we really going to be able to attract a genuinely exciting and 'sexy' name while we're in L1? I'm sure we can attract decent candidates, but genuinely exciting? I'm not so sure.

The clubs aim will likely be to appoint a manager capable of taking us from L1 to the Prem, and then helping us establish ourselves as a Prem club. But being brutally honest, how many managers are out there that could do that? Would people like Rosenior or Still come to us in L1? Even if they do, it's still a gamble as they've got no track record at this level yet. We could take a gamble on an Evett or a Challinor? But again it's a gamble as they lack Championship and Prem experience. Or we could take a gamble on a foreign coach.

I can understand people not 'being inspired or excited by names like Neil or Heckingbottom, but they seem like some of the most realistic suggestions to me. There is every possibility that it will take 2 managerial appointments to get us to where we want to be. An appointment now on a 2-3 year deal to get promotion from L1 and then have a crack at the Championship, and then if they can't take the next step, we could then replace them, when we will be in a much better position to attract the kind of manager we ultimately want. Trying to do it all in one appointment will be a massive challenge. If they pull it off then fair play, but I'll be happy to do it in 2 managerial appointments if necessary.

This man knows. Peeps shouldn't underestimate the importance to the club of an immediate bounce back.
I believe in the owners but wallowing around in Lge 1 isn't part of the plan, we really need to get back first go I think.
That's next year's be all and end all.
Plus I'm an coffin dodger and want to see us in the top flight before I turn me toes up.
I'd also love shexy football under a hipster young manager, but most of all I want us back in the championship, toot sweet as those damned Frenchies say.
Safe hands required.
Up the feckin Blues
16:54, Thu 23 May
I'd quite like Will Still as well. It will give us a lot of exposure as well.
Kumars Fashion Sense
😂
18:34, Thu 23 May
Not had time to read this thread due to work. What I will say is I’ve softened on neil, and I’d be satisfied with either him or heckingbottom if that’s who we go with, though obviously we’re interviewing a selection of managers which is absolutely the correct way to go. They’re a little uninspiring, but there’s not much else available that’s likely to come to us.