16:13, Thu 23 May
Another one caught betting 🤦‍♂️

How daft are these fellas, surely isn’t not difficult to get your mates or family to stick one on for you.

Another long ban incoming you’d assume, how many is that now.
16:17, Thu 23 May

How daft are these fellas, surely isn’t not difficult to get your mates or family to stick one on for you.

Isn't this one slightly different ? ... if true then rather than a few/many bets on football matches it actually comes close to match fixing.

Suspiciously large bets placed on him getting booked which amazingly all won

"The FA have been investigating suspicious betting activity surrounding three bookings Paqueta received last year for almost nine months, and Mail Sport has learned the Brazilian international is facing disciplinary charges."
16:18, Thu 23 May
Rags

Isn't this one slightly different ? ... if true then rather than a few/many bets on football matches it actually comes close to match fixing.

"The FA have been investigating suspicious betting activity surrounding three bookings Paqueta received last year for almost nine months, and Mail Sport has learned the Brazilian international is facing disciplinary charges."

Ouch… Tbf I had a few on him this season to get booked, made a tidy profit on him Infact when he got booked for Brazil vs England 😂

They are so daft thinking they can get away with it.
16:32, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84

Isn't that what Tripper got done for - getting friends to stick bets on him?
16:39, Thu 23 May
Snoop
TaylorJay84

Not sure?

Just seen some clips of all Pacquettas bookings on x 🤦‍♂️ don’t look good if his defence is coincidental 😂
16:40, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84
Snoop
TaylorJay84

Not sure?

Just seen some clips of all Pacquettas bookings on x 🤦‍♂️ don’t look good if his defence is coincidental 😂

Trippier told his mates about his move to Atletico before it was announced so they could bet on it.
16:46, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84
Rags

Ouch… Tbf I had a few on him this season to get booked, made a tidy profit on him Infact when he got booked for Brazil vs England 😂

They are so daft thinking they can get away with it.

With how he was going in that game I’d bet he put a load on himself to get sent off.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:23, Thu 23 May
TaylorJay84

It'd be against the rules for them to get other people to bet on things for them, even if it's things they're not involved on.

If it's a quid here or there then it'd go undetected but then what's the point. If it was big sums it'd be clocked anyway.
17:24, Thu 23 May
I have to say that friendly v England i was astonished he wasn’t booked well before he was. He should have been off, now i wonder if that had been his aim?
18:13, Thu 23 May
Haha, good point, surely that was one of the games he was trying to get booked in!? He was hacking players down until he finally got booked. Odds also might be slightly better in a friendly game, to get booked, I certainly would’ve thought so.
09:04, Fri 24 May
Lucas Paqueta, the West Ham midfielder, faces a worldwide ban from football if found guilty of spot-fixing after being charged by the Football Association.

Effing idiot.
09:28, Fri 24 May
After watching the offending bookings he’s well and truly fecked. I’m vocal on my thoughts of football being hypocritical when it comes to gambling but there’s no defending this.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:36, Fri 24 May
Super Hans
After watching the offending bookings he’s well and truly fecked.

I haven't seen them - but were they as obviously deliberate as the Robbie Savage "I don't want to be FA Cup tied when I sign for Blackburn" booking at Newcastle all those years ago?
09:46, Fri 24 May
I know I'm not the first or even the 500th person to say it on here but I just don't see how the relevant people can go on ignoring the hypocrisy in all this.
10:56, Fri 24 May
Spike
Super Hans
After watching the offending bookings he’s well and truly fecked.

I haven't seen them - but were they as obviously deliberate as the Robbie Savage "I don't want to be FA Cup tied when I sign for Blackburn" booking at Newcastle all those years ago?

The two bookings I've seen look ludicrously deliberate.
Late to tackle, knocks a player over. Does it again a few seconds later.
Not violent challenges but they look designed to attract a yellow card.

Lots of players have done it to get a week off. Paqueta is among the most blatant examples.

His problem is if there are suspicious bets around the cards and these bets can be linked to people close to him.
It looks like spot fixing. When the 3 Pakistan players were caught doing it they got 5 year bans and jail sentences so I'd expect the smae for Paqueta.

He's 26 so a 5 year ban ism't definitely career ending, but it would be tough to come back from.