22:54, Thu 23 May
Oh eff yeah they did. Haha. Mixed them up with Huddersfield. Ok they're screwed then.
23:08, Thu 23 May
Fans were chanting his name 10 games in, even though it had been a complete shambles.

He had the opportunity to be a hero at Blues but he wasn’t because he was a crap football manager
Happy Clapper
23:20, Thu 23 May
Maybe he will do well.

But I doubt it. There were signs that he wasn't a good leader even over the short period we had him.

Struggled to take responsibility, was a poor communicator, ended up trashing the players publicly and showed quite poor game management.

He can talk tactics as much as he wants. The other stuff is really important too.
01:38, Fri 24 May
We've been shit for 140 odd years 🤣

True, it's Rags' fault.

Hang on ... club is 149 years old, I'm only 102, it's not ALL my fault.
01:50, Fri 24 May
Le Mod
Fans were chanting his name 10 games in, even though it had been a complete shambles.

He had the opportunity to be a hero at Blues but he wasn’t because he was a crap football manager

Yep. I am actively praying for his downfall
06:49, Fri 24 May
We've been shit for 140 odd years 🤣
gypsy's curse I tell ya.
07:16, Fri 24 May
newblue
Including those who booed him from the off?

I don't include our more 'special' fans.
Up the feckin Blues
07:56, Fri 24 May
That Ryan Deeney fella wrote a good piece on all this. Rooney called out the players, coached them in one discipline, then completely changed to an opposing style of play and call the players out again for not playing the new way. He effed himself with a lack of conviction and a concrete understanding of what he was trying to do. When it failed, he blamed the fans for not buying into him.

There were some who behaved poorly from the start but I agree with you that most backed him, even after it became clear it was never going to work.

That's a fair summary. All the attributes of a great player, dire manager.
07:58, Fri 24 May
lets av it right,hes a proper thicko,like that other thicko farmer we had,
08:05, Fri 24 May
The walking talking Potato will throw enough darts at the dartboard and keep getting opportunities until he ends up being temporarily successful somewhere or other along the way, whilst denying more worthy managers positions.

His biggest problem is that all his skill came so naturally to him and he has no understanding of what processes other "lesser mortals" need to go through to improve their game. Then he throws his toys out the pram and the whole situation becomes one that isn't conducive to learning and improving
08:14, Fri 24 May
Le Mod

Without wishing to open this debate again, let’s not revise history and pretend he was welcomed with open arms here because we all know he wasn’t. In his first home game he was given the most lukewarm reception I can remember any manager being given and there were fans singing “Wayne Rooney your football is shit”.

If he gets the Plymouth job good luck to him.
08:52, Fri 24 May
For them, even more than us, that would be a huge mistake!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:55, Fri 24 May
roger hynd
He'll be sacked by October if he's lucky to last that long.
What a mad appointment if true

I dunno about that - he's in credit for keeping Argyle in the Championship last season.
Up the feckin Blues
09:00, Fri 24 May
I think he is stupid to go back into management. If he fails again then is reputation is poor. It might cost him his tv work.
09:02, Fri 24 May
One of the problems at Blues was taking over a group of players that liked their previous manager and felt comfortable with the old system.

Starting with a pre season at Plymouth would help a lot. Most people who know him say that he's a good person and is very clever.

I think things would be better at Plymouth than at Blues but it was so awful at Blues I can't see him pulling up any trees. We were giving away around 10 clear chances a game, it was a mess.