17:32, Tue 9 Jul
Asking for a friend as I’ve told him people on here know it all.

Why do they throw rubber bands on the pavement
Surely they could be re-used? and does this count as littering?
Why do so many different people delivering to the same address? Do they no longer have their own rounds?
Why do they ignore garden paths and walk over lawns?
Why do they wear shorts in sub zero temperatures?
17:34, Tue 9 Jul
Sorry, that should read, people on here are’ know it alls’
17:41, Tue 9 Jul
We have the same issue rubber bands all the time on our drive
17:42, Tue 9 Jul
Some drop bands because they’re ignorant bastards. Of course they can be re used. Of course it’s littering.
So many deliver to the same address- Should be no more than 2 max. One with letters and parcels smaller than a shoe box size, another with larger packets or tracked stuff that is scheduled for a later delivery.
I use a trolley and love lawns so would never do it but the answer is the same as my first point.
As for shorts when you’re walking your legs don’t feel the cold. Your chest and head does as well as your extremities. Obvious really. No we don’t do it for a bet. Lol
Tony Fantastico
17:43, Tue 9 Jul
b34blues
We have the same issue rubber bands all the time on our drive
Both of you should take it up with your postie rather than here.
Tony Fantastico
17:46, Tue 9 Jul
Some time ago, one of my cats kept bringing rubber bands into the house (thereby littering my lounge!!). I was puzzled. - until someone mentioned the postmen 🙄😡
18:11, Tue 9 Jul
Posties are people too. Apart from Rab obvs
18:11, Tue 9 Jul
He's a machine...
When my kids were little we started collecting the elastic bands to build a ball, the kids were really invested in the project and loved building a 10cm diameter ball.
18:39, Tue 9 Jul
Peakyblue
He's a machine...
No. I’m somewhere between good bloke and a right fanny.
Depends what people are like before you can judge what I am when I’m around them
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
Peakyblue
He's a machine...
Depends what people are like before you can judge what I am when I’m around them

Rab there is a postie called Roy Evans, in Hall Green, who delivers to my mum, aged 93 with Dementia. He is a lovely guy, his only fault is being a vile. Back in the early 70s his dad took us all to vile pork to watch Santos and Pele. Great experience but I never turned!!
08:07, Wed 10 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
Peakyblue
He's a machine...

Think that applies to most of us
09:00, Wed 10 Jul
Rab will find this one funny....

One of our lads handed in his notice a few months ago, now bear in mind he hates the cold (moans about being in a Victorian factory when its 20*) he had an op on his ankle, which went wrong, and he can not walk very far and used to refuse to go outside to unload deliveries if it was raining. So when I asked him where he was going, his reply was "I am going to be a postman" LOL
09:10, Wed 10 Jul
He’ll probably fit in well but seriously I’ll be surprised if he’s there a month
Tony Fantastico
09:31, Wed 10 Jul
albi
One of our lads handed in his notice a few months ago, now bear in mind he hates the cold (moans about being in a Victorian factory when its 20*) he had an op on his ankle, which went wrong, and he can not walk very far and used to refuse to go outside to unload deliveries if it was raining. So when I asked him where he was going, his reply was "I am going to be a postman" LOL

Would be funny if he couldn't find where to deliver his notice.